• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: Photoshop file format error 1. (45::35)???

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2010 Aug 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error when trying to RAM preview my file. It happens at different places each time. I don't have any Photoshop files importing into my movie. I just have Maya file sequences, a music clip and three solid layers with filters applied to them.

I'm using AE CS5 but everything else Photoshop, etc. is CS4. I didn't have this issue when using AE in trial.

This is stopping me from rendering my movie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2010 Aug 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any Photoshop files importing into my movie.

Yes, you do, because of:

I just have Maya file sequences,

AE labels all files that are handled via specific importers as "Photoshop Files". Anyway, since you did not provide any information on what your files actually are, where you store them, what render settings you use in Maya etc., this can only end up in pointless speculation and I'm not gonna waste my time on it. Provide some more details and then we may be able to get an idea what might be wrong.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I use AE CS5 in collaboration with Maya 2012. AE composes footage with Maya's .iff sequences files. I finished nearly half of the project and had no issues (except for regular AE crashes, to which i got used to) and suddenly out of the blue AE started giving me 'After Effects error: Photoshop file format error 1 (45::35)'. Now it can't read (RAM-preview) anything it could read before. My files are intact, nothing happened to them. And the error is definitely linked to .iff sequences. If I try to set up a new comp and import only.iff files, it imports without a glitch but stumbles when RAM previewing. What is that? And what kind of info is needed to get it solved. I googled the problem, I saw many distressed guys with this issue and no distinct answer....

Thanks if anyone sheds any light ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With what options were they rendered in Maya?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have there very simple rendering setup using Maya Software renderer. The problem is that it started all of a sudden on all parts that have sequences, while it all worked just a day ago. I also noticed that if I restart AE, it may become workable again, but then it is as if touching some corrupted file at some point after a while becomes frenzy and starts giving this error in any part of the comp, where maya sequence is present. I’m still experimenting with it, trying to locate, if I can really locate anything, because no files were changed since I rendered them.

Anyway, I’ve attached snipped screen copies of maya renderer option for one of the parts. Others are different only in file name and number of frames. Pls let me know if you need something else,

Thanks!

Iouri Verchok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing I noticed. I re-rendered those parts that I suspected could have somehow become corrupted (it looked like AE started giving the error right there). AE would start normally, but then if I scrub timeline back and forth the error would come again and it doesn’t matter where you point at the timeline after that, - it gives you that error.

I hardly think it’s due to some lack of computer resources, because hardware is quite strong. I use ORIGIN computer with iCore i7 980X 3.33Ghz, 2 x 1536MB GDDR5 Nvidia GTX 580 Liquid Cooled, 2 x 6Gb DDR3 2000MHz RAM, which should be enough in case of some speed or memory issues, I guess. The OS is Win7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the files playblast without issues in fcheck? Do you have issues with other file types from Maya like SGI or TIFF? What are your Alpha channel and antialaisaing setting in teh Render Globals? anything we might need to know with passes? From your description I'm inclined to believe that this is a memory leak in the IFF loader, though. it was fixed at one point, but obviously it might be defunct again. If all fails, try to convert your IFF files in fcheck to anotehr format...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, playblast works fine. Actually AE time to time plays it all as well, but when I start scrubbing timeline or do some editng it may suddenly start popping this error again and then I need to restart AE.

I took a time and converted all .IFF files from 12 ready short comps used in the project into .TIFF using fcheck. With TIFFs AE seems to work without any glitches. I tried adding effects, scrubbed, did some editing, - up to now it looks stable. Maybe there really is yet some issue how AE treats Maya’s IFFs? I haven’t noticed that much before, probably once, but it was a killer this time.

For safety I’ll be rendering TIFFs from now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to use OpenEXR. It has a lot more flexibility than .tif.

As Lutz said, what kind of framebuffer are you creating in Maya?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is caused by Maya, and can be fixed by converting the files though Fcheck (autodesk/maya program) Quite hidden although easy to use! Guide here -> Maya User's Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi,

I disconnected my computer from internet and disabled my antivirus. It worked for me! Maya crashes too sometimes for the same reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines