• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Button Tooltips

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2006 Sep 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I go about changing the tooltips of custom buttons. One of the projects I'm working on right now has a button with a graphic and is labeled "Print". Now I'd like to change the tooltip hover to say something other than "Print".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ClubHans

If you click This super handy little ole link right here, you can download a copy of my Skinny on Skins file. Once you get it saved, you may need to right click it and Unblock it. After you get it displaying things, click the Index tab and type "tooltip" into the index. I believe you will find a topic titled "Tooltips for custom buttons". Hopefully that should get you going.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Aha, found it in Skinny. Actually have it downloaded and opened, just must have overlooked that section.

Ok, so I have that part working. It looks like in order to have the button say "Print" and the mouseover say "Click here to print the right panel" or whatnot, I'll have to make the button graphic itself contain "Print" in it, yes?

Odd that they didn't make it so you can set up a custom button graphic, custom text to go alongside it, and then a separate field for the hover tooltip. Guess that's why we're here, right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp