Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do i deploy only one process out of an application package

Level 7

Hi,

Could you please let me know how to extract a  process from a lca file of an application and deploy it on the adobe server. This lca file contains many processes but how do i take out a single process and deploy it on the server.

Please also let me know various ways of deploying an application/process on the server.

I know few methods, please let me know other manual ways

1. i can import lca file on workbench and then checkin and deploy it.

2. using admin ui, i can import lca file and deploy it.

Q: how do i deploy application other than lca file, can i take a process and deploy???

Regards

Sunil

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Sunil,

You cannot extract a process from an archive file (.lca). The only option is to import the .lca and copy/paste the process to another application.

Importing and Deployment

1. i can import lca file on workbench and then checkin and deploy it.

You cannot import an .lca in the Workbench using File > Import. Import is intended for assets other than archive files. Workbench does not complain about importing an .lca but the function does not have the intended results.

The alternative to the LC Admin UI is the Service Registry Client API.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/enterpriseplatform/10.0/programLC/javadoc/index.html

com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.client.ServiceRegistryClient

Steve