• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The images folders within my current projects are no longer being recognised - RH 9

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on 4 projects for on and off 6 months now without any major issues. However 4 days ago when I tried adding an image to one I'm currently working on, I noticed the images directory was no longer listed. None of the images in the project were missing in the pages or so I was fairly confused by this. If I try and select the 'browse' button from the add images popup the whole program freezes and never un freezes, I have to force close it through Task Manager.

I've also tried this with the sample sites and the same issue occurs. I then decided to copy the project onto usb and asked a collegue to down load the trial version and open a project. He has no issue with the sample projects however with the project I gave him it's still not listing the images folder in the directory. If he tries to add an image via browse it doesn't freeze however it opens 'My Pictures' instead of openign the image directory. The same occurs when selecting an existing image it can't find the directory.

We have tried working out how to import an entire folder so we can add the images directory again with no luck. You can add a new images directory and add an image to that within the project and thats fine. However I don't fancy importing all 850ish images per project into the solution manually. Also if I select 'Import' form the file menu my RoboHelp freezes.

I'm running RoboHelp 9 and Windows 7 Enterprise and have 125 GB free space. The projects are on my local c: under 'My Documents' where RoboHelp origianlly added the folders.

I've also run a scan disk and have deactivated RoboHelp and uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck, same issues happening.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm trying to complete the project ready for a live release scheduled in a weeks time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Regarding the freezing problem when you browse, perhaps the dialog box has fallen into the gap at the edge of your screen.  That would explain why your PC freezes but your colleague's does not.

Try this:

Click the Browse button as normal, being careful not to click on anything else afterwards.

Press Alt, Spacebar, M.

Then press any arrow key.

Waggle the mouse madly until you see the  window attached to your cursor.

Click to drop the window where you want it.

HTH,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Is it possible that you have toggled the view?

Try clicking the icon shown below and see if things change.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the freezing problem when you browse, perhaps the dialog box has fallen into the gap at the edge of your screen.  That would explain why your PC freezes but your colleague's does not.

Try this:

Click the Browse button as normal, being careful not to click on anything else afterwards.

Press Alt, Spacebar, M.

Waggle the mouse madly until you see the  window attached to your cursor.

Click to drop the window where you want it.

HTH,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although completly unsure as to why my browse popup had disapeared form the screen the steps below worked:

Press Alt, Spacebar, M.

Thanks for the help.

Mel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 2 monitors? That's usually what happens when the app thinks it still has multiple monitors to display windows, but you've moved to a one monitor system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

For what it's worth, I believe this to be an obscure and hard to find bug in RoboHelp. It's been there for many versions. I've had it happen to me when a second monitor wasn't even a consideration.

Basically what happens is that certain window locations are stored in the Windows Registry. I've documented the keys where they are stored. When it happens, these keys end up storing some odd astronomical value. Sort of your computer's equivalent of Pluto. So the window is actually there but you can't see it. Even if you were to connect 40 different additional monitors and spread your desktop across all of them you likely wouldn't see it.

At least we have an easy fix when it happens, thanks to Amber's keystroke magick. (Personally, I'm peeved that I didn't think of it first. I fancy myself a huge keyboard fanatic. But kudos to Amber!)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp