• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR Installer Crashes / Won't Install - 10.7.2

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having significant trouble trying to get the Adobe AIR Installer to run on my 11-inch MacBook Air, running OS X Lion 10.7.2. I've tried the standard installation which said it completed properly but did not, and also tried installing from the command line.

The Files.zip file at http://cl.ly/1f0C2k3x1R3f1B1j1q0V are the fitlered log file and the crash logs associated with this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

—Chris

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you upgrading from an existing AIR runtime or installing a new AIR runtime?  If you are upgrading, can you try removing the existing runtime by deleting /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework folder and then retry installing latest AIR runtime?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately, I am trying to install a new runtime - I also tried copying the framework folder into the /Library/Frameworks folder and that had issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't having any problems with Adobe Air until I upgraded to 10.7.2.  I tried to open up YNAB and it kept crashing and finally gave me an error that I needed Adobe Air...which I had had so not sure where it went. So I go to download it which is Adobe Air 3 now and it downloads but nothing happens when I click on install. After I try it several times, I have received an error window suggesting that I need Adobe Air to install Adobe Air! Need a fix quick....I need to get into YNAB to figure out what bills need to be paid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becqui,

I'm Taylor, YNAB's lead developer. We have a number of customers who are experiencing the same problem with 10.7.2 and YNAB, and we started tracking the issue down yesterday.  I started a thread over here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3970954#3970954

I'm really sorry that this is happening to you! You can learn more in the response I linked to, but here is one weird thing we've learned: If you run Firefox at the same time, users are reporting that they are able to run YNAB! I don't know what that is about yet, but we'll get to the bottom of it soon. I also have a hunch this is related to saving and restoring Windows, so I am about to advice a couple of folks to temporarily disable that feature using these instructions: http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/18/disable-mac-os-x-lion-resume-window-restore/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add me to the list of folks having trouble with this. Thankfully, I found this thread. The problem goes away when Firefox is on.

I was trying to use Rosetta Stone language software (which uses Air) and it wouldn't work with OS 10.7.2. At first I thought the problem was with RS, but now I realize it's Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you YNABteam for the workaround!  I've included the Firefox information in the bug description.  A developer is looking into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

I am also experiencing problems with Adobe Air.  After updating to Lion 10.7.2, when I turn on my computer, the HughesStatusMeter crashes.  While researching the problem on the web, I came across the post on YNAB's forum, mentioned above, that said if you run Firefox then it corrects the problem (at least until you turn your computer off and on again).  This workaround worked for me. When I turn on my computer, I close out the two error messages (below), open Firefox, then open the HughesStatusMeter, it again asks if I want to restore windows.  Whether I choose to restore windows or not, this time the HughesStatusMeter will work.  Then I can close Firefox and the HughesStatusMeter works as normal.  Hughes is also looking at this issue for me.  Disabling the Restore Windows feature did not fix this issue for me.  If it is any help, here are the error messages that I get when I turn the computer:

StatusMeterErrorMessage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A helpful user on our forums reported that this appears to be due to graphics switching between the discreet and integrated graphics.

http://www.youneedabudget.com/forum/ynab-f38/ynab-crashing-some-macs-after-updating-t13475.html#p917...

We are going to try telling some folks to disable discreet graphics switching to see if that helps. You can see the post linked above for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, we've had at least one report that disabling "Automatic Graphics Switching" in Energy Saver preferences works around this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave this a try, brand new mac book pro I bought last night and I'm in the process of installing apps and whatnot.  Couldn't get Air 3.0 installed.  I could see the crashes in the console the installer was reporting but couldn't for the life of me figure out why.  Sure enough I disabled automatic graphics switching and the Air install worked fine.

I'm not sure if you would need to leave it disabled for Air apps to continue to run though, I think it's just an installation issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can confirm that this works. I was having no luck installing on a brand new MacBook Pro, and now it works fine after turning off graphics switching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that running Google Chrome enables Adobe Air to load successfully. It wouldn't install before downloading and opening up Chrome. I made no other changes. This is on a brand new MacBook Pro.

This is kind of ridiculous, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, disabling automatic graphics switching did it for me. Thanks for the report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, YNABteam - disabling 'Automatic Graphics Switching' in Energy Saver preferences worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also fixed an Adobe Story issue I was having -- it wouldn't load on my MBP after upgrading to Lion.  I tried going back to basics and the Adobe AIR installer wouldn't run.  That's how I found this thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turning off the "automatic graphics switching" worked for me also.  i could not run the air runtime installer OR an air package installer until i turned this off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also resolve this issue by upgrading to 10.7.3.  Please see the following post:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945589

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks! (disabling 'Automatic Graphics Switching' in Energy Saver worked for me too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that after using gfxcardstatus to force using discrete card I can upgrade my Adobe air to the newest lab version (3.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying many diffrent solutions, only Launching "Google Chrome" before Adobe Air Installer worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I tried installing Adobe Air on 10.7.2 multiple times. Console shows the installer crashing (below).

Go to System Preferences > Energy Saver and uncheck "Automatic graphics switching" and it the install now works.

It's just Adobe trying to get back at Apple - happens all the time.

Process:         Adobe AIR Installer [4493]

Path:            /var/folders/*/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer

Identifier:      com.adobe.air.Installer

Version:         3.0 (3.0.0.4080)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  updater [4491]

Date/Time:       2011-11-08 07:21:14.844 -0700

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)

Report Version:  9

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000e0000020

VM Regions Near 0xe0000020:

CG shared images       00000000c6496000-00000000c649e000 [   32K] r--/r-- SM=SHM 

-->

Submap                 00000000ffff0000-00000000ffff2000          r-x/r-x process-only submap

Application Specific Information:

objc_msgSend() selector name: backingScaleFactor

objc[4493]: garbage collection is OFF

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to open Vodafone MY190 the same message as sfsavoia is generated by the system. With Firefox open and/or disabling Automatic Graphics Switching all seems to work fine for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I right clicked the AdobeAir Installer package to show the package contents, Then Contents >  MacOS > Adobe Air Installer. Double clicked that and it ran a terminal script. And ran through the air install. The adobe air was then in my utilities folder. I had also turned off my automatic graphics switching before hand (but I don’t know if this was related) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines