• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 9 auto-sizing pop-ups fail in CHM output

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from RH 7 to 9 about 5 months ago and am now struggling to work out why the pop-ups no longer work.

One of our projects has an image map with links set to display in auto-sizing pop-ups. This works perfectly in the CHM output generated by RH7 and also in the WebHelp output generated by RH9. However, when you click the hot-area of image in the CHM output generated by RH9 nothing happens.

Has anyone else had this problem or any ideas about what may be causing it? I can't find any reference to it in the forums and am completely lost as to what might be happening.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and welcome to our community

Are you running things on a Windows 7 64 bit system? If so, have you tested by running the CHM from RoboHelp immediately after compiling VS just double-clicking the CHM?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. You're right, I've also changed to Windows 7 64 bit since I generated the RH7 versions of the files. I hadn't realised that this might be a problem. If there are issues with support for 64 bit Windows 7 then that might explain why RH has been behaving so unpredictably since my computer was updated.

The CHM behaves the same way whether I open it from RoboHelp immediately after generating it, or open it by double-clicking on the CHM file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Tools > Update DHTML Effects. If that is not it, then when Rick comes back on line he may know some other cause as he is more familiar with CHMs.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't noticed this option. Unfortunately, running the option hasn't fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well crudgo dudgo...

I just tested by creating an image map in my own CHM project. I'm using RoboHelp 9 and also on Windows 7 64 bit. The popups from an Image Map seem to work fine for me.

Can you test by creating a new project and see if a simple image map with popups works there? If things are fine that way, you know it's related to your project being older. And from there we can troubleshoot further from the project perspective. But if things still fall apart in a totally fresh project, it likely has something to do with your PC and RoboHelp configuration.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp