• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player add-on problem on ie

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when surfing on the internet in most of the websites i am getting this msg in internet explorer information bar up there saying " one add-on for this website did not work, check your security setting under internet settings for possible conflicts " ( i translated the msg from my language to english so it doesnt saying this exactly ). I am using windows xp home edition and internet explorer 8..i dont get this msg when i open the ssame website using firefox..and i dont get this msg when i uninstall flash player completely so it must be a conflict flashplayer working on internet explorer... my security setting under internet setting are all set to default....any ideas to fix this problem ? i can watch videos on youtube and elsewehere but this warning beep voice and msg really makes me sick..btw there is no way to download and use older flashplayer versions ? i did not have this problem with previous versions..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok this is the msg i see on my ie information bar:

"An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in Internet options for potential conflicts"

i found the add-on causing this problem it is shockwave flash object when i disable it i dont get that irritating msg and beep anymore..but i cant watch any video on youtube without it...i tried clean uninstall using flashplayer uninstaller and install the latest flashplayer again..but still same....i guess it is not very uncommon problem i see on other forums but there is not solution..can someone help me if i can roll back my flashplayer to previous version pls ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much

that was the page i was looking for. now i am trying to uninstall recent version and install 1 previous flash player. i hope this fix my problem otherwise i dont know what else to  do beside giving up using internet explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope..nothing changed it is still same...i download older version and unrar and install these:

flashplayer10_3r183_10_win - flash player installer

flashplayer10_3r183_10_win - windows installer

flashplayer10_3r183_10_win_sa

flashplayer10_3r183_10_winax - flash player installer

flashplayer10_3r183_10_winax - windows installer

i guess it is not problem if i install flash player installer files or windows installer files but i am not sure if i should install win_sa and winax named setups ...anyway i installed all of them but i still get the same warning.....anyother way to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sa is the standalone player; you probably won't need it.

ax is the ActiveX installer for Internet Explorer.

Did you uninstall the previously installed version before installing the older one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i uninstall previously installed version first with flash player uninstaller

and install this one..

my mum has windows xp home edition as well and i notice the same problem in her pc too..

and xp home edition i just installed on my pc ..maybe flash and home edition doesnt match good...

anyother advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you start Internet Explorer in Safe Mode, and see if the same problem happens?  If not, that would show that there is a conflict with another add-on.

If yes, what is the security setting on your IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines