4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2011 1:25 AM by effeegee RSS

Lens Profiles in Lightroom 3

rkuberek

I've created a lens profile for the Olympus E-P2 M.9-18mm F4.0-5.6 lens using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. I used RAW files converted to DNG. However, I cannot figure out where to put the profile so that Lightroom recognizes it. Initially, I saved the profile to the default location chosen by the Profile Creator, but this didn't work, though Photoshop finds it with no difficulty. Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Lens Profiles in Lightroom 3
          rkuberek Community Member

I forgot to mention, I'm running Mac OS X 10.6. Thanks.

• 2. Re: Lens Profiles in Lightroom 3
            simonsaith Adobe Employee

The lens profiles created using raw DNG can only be used for raw images in LR/ACR. If you can see the profiles in PS, then the profile location is correct.

-Simon

• 3. Re: Lens Profiles in Lightroom 3
              lutzheg

Hi, did you find out how to use the lens profile in Lightroom. I have the same problem using a Leica camera.

Thanks

Lutz

• 4. Re: Lens Profiles in Lightroom 3
                effeegee Community Member

I'm using Windows 7 64x so I can't comment on a Mac but suspect the same applies. Two downloaded profiles were stored in a default user location - the same place that Lens Profile Creator would file it but the default location for Lightroom profiles was the shared profiles location.  I simply copied the only two profiles across from user location to the shared location After a relaunch Lightroom placed them at the bottom of my list.

See http://www.computer-darkroom.com/blog/lens-correction-profiles/

Quoted below

User profiles location:

• Mac OSX: /Users/(User Name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0
                • Windows 7 or Vista: C:\User\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
                • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

orShared profiles location:

• Mac OSX: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0
                • Windows 7 or Vista: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0
                • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0