I have just switched from using ACR to lightroom 3.5 - still getting used to it.
in the meantime, i have a few questions for the gurus here :
- situation : i use the LR import dialog to copy my pictures from the SD card to my internal HDD ( AFAIK there's no way to use the MOVE command, because LR is afraid of file corruption right? if there's an alternative solution please tell me!)
I rate the images as such :
1 - trash [ what's the benefit of flagging it as rejected as compared to my method? ]
4 - further processing in PS CS5
6 - fully processed - to upload on facebook
Unrated images can be directly exported as JPEGs - minor adjustments all done in LR.
I have a specific question with the 4 star images. The problem is,after I filtered out the 4 star images to edit on PS, I cannot save the changes in the raw file. since they can only be saved as JPEGs/TIFs etc, these files go "out of my workflow".
they cannot be found in the catalog.
i have to re-sync the folder, find those images MANUALLY, re-rate those JPEGs as 6(to upload on fb), then suffer from extra artifacts from re-rendering the JPEGs.
is there a more elegant way of uploading seamlessly from LR after editing my pictures in PS?
- some of LR's shortcuts are counter-intuitive. for instance, i used to use C for crop tool in both ACR and PS. now i have to get used to using R. is there a way to change it? the crop tool also behaves differently from ACR, in that i drag the photo than the frame. can that behavior be changed?
- is there a way to shuffle quickly between the various settings in adjustment brush menu? in ACR it used to be TAB, but in LR it's used to hide the panels.
- how do i get the catalog to sync changes to my folder automatically, in real time? i can only find the auto-import menu, which doesn't seem to perform the functions i want ( it asks for an empty watched folder??? )
- what is the most optimal quality setting for Facebook uploads?
- Is it possible to get LR to render files as PNGs before uploading on fb? reason being : lossless.
- which tool in PS is the standard screen sharpening in LR equivalent to? Is there a need for me to run USM in PS before i upload them?