• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessible Robohelp Implementation for POC demo

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to sell my group on the idea of converting all their documentation to Robohelp 9.

Currently they have documentation in DOC, XLS, PPT, and HTML formats and residing in

various locations.

They have asked me to find a solution that will allow them to search all the documentation.
I think RH is the perfect solution for their needs, and I've written a plan that documents that
RH has all the features they say they want, but they are reluctant to bring in "yet another product"
for their docs.

I think they need to see a real live implementation to be convinced that this will work

for them. They need to see how it works. Screenshots are not convincing enough.

I have googled extensively and not found any RH implementations that I can point them
to so they can see what it does. Are there any implementations I can send them to? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter's site is written in RH - www.grainge.org<http://www.grainge.org>

What sort of help output were you thinking of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a long time since my site was written using RoboHelp. Various topics have demos written in RoboHelp and there is the RoboHelp tour that can be found at

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Peter, my misunderstanding...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went there already. It’s not an IMPLEMENTATION. It does not show Robohelp in ACTION.

I need them to see how the documents are served up, that they navigate and can search etc.

Initially it would be set up to do html/web but also phase 2 the capability to print PDFs.

K

Kiirja Paananen

Web Producer

617-715-5372

kiirja@mit.edu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egh? Like Jeff I thought you wanted to show how end users would use RoboHelp. That is what the tour does. You can navigate around it, you can search and so on. There might be some other things you can do that the tour does not cover but if you detail those, we can try to help. I don't understand why you say it is not an implementation and that it does not show RoboHelp in action, it is a RoboHelp output so that is what it is doing.

Are you perhaps wanting to show how you would use RoboHelp rather than how end users would work with it? If so, then I don't follow your requirement to show how they navigate and search as that is what users do.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me a PM and I can zip up of copy of our software's WebHelp - we install it on our client's local LAN server along with our software. It's not totally complete, but it would give you an idea of how it looks in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kiirja

It occurred to me later, did you go to the main part of my site or to the RoboHelp Tour? Two different things and it is only the tour that is generated from RoboHelp.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that. Thank you!

Kiirja Paananen

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Personal information removed by volunteer forum moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you want a copy of the webhelp I produce Kiirja?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Yes that would be very helpful. Very kind of you to offer.

KP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm...spoke too soon - I can't zip it up because it's complaining about invalid characters in some of the file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator please delete post or delete the contact info from my post from

Oct 14, 2011 2:53 PM

I thought I was replying directly to the person, not the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kiirja

Rick has already done that.

I would be interested to learn in what way the RoboHelp Tour is not help you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

The "tour" is just the sort of thing I am looking for.

This will help them see exactly how the implementation will function.

Thank you!

KP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp