Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11 will not install in Firefox

Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i just did my 6 month formating.  Installed all my drivers and then installed FireFox.  Went to youtube, of course flash was needed.  It tried to install the 10.3 but failed because of it being out of date i guess, but it directed me to adobe.  I downloaded the 64 bit installer for Windows 7 (yes, im running 64 bit win 7).  Installed it, it said it was succesful, it then opened up Firefox automatically and it said it was installed on the web page.

But its not.  It works for programs such as steam that need it, but not for any of my browsers.  I tried it in IE 8 as well, and it too said I was missing the plugin.

I then uninstalled it with the uninstaller from adobe, reinstalled, and still it doesnt work in any browser. 

I did install shockwave and that is working fine, but not flash, please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run both installers (plugin & ActiveX)?

Download them from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

Cartire wrote:

But its not.

How exactly is it "not installed"?  What do you see when you go to a Flash site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it says im missing the plugin.  However, as a quick update.  I just uninstalled it and reverted back to the 10.3.  It works and thats what im gonna keep until I know 11 is working solid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines