• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of a Sudden, My Flash Player Has Stopped Working

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Early Friday afternoon (just yesterday), my Flash Player was working fine.  I am using Mozilla's Firefox on a Windows 7 computer (Dell Inspiron 530S).   Then, inexplicably, it failed.  Several websites reported that something couldn't be displayed because I didn't have Adobe's Flash Player installed.  Gotta tell you, I wasn't making any changes to the operating system nor to the browser.  In fact, I wasn't changing ANY of my settings on ANY computer.  Then Friday evening, Flash Player simply stopped working.

I UN-installed the existing program, re-booted, then RE-installed Flash Player and, again, there is no message saying INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY.  Could any of these be a delayed result of the the latest version of Firefox, which was released on 9/30/2011, about a week ago?

Now, I can't even install the Acrobat after uninstalling IT.

Any ideas?

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Flash Player do you have installed?

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Can you try the installation again with the installers from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Flash from the "alternative" installers solved the problem.  Thanks.  I just now re-installed the Acrobat Reader and suffered the same "non installation" I suffered with Flash.  Are there "alternative" installers for Acrobat's Reader?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader installer: http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer and it's dead easy.

From IE go to the Tools menu and deselect ActiveX Filtering.

That's it!

If this works for you, please spread the word! I spent hours loading older versions of Flash, configuring Pop-Up Blocker, and generally tearing my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Mulvihill wrote:

I found the answer and it's dead easy.

From IE go to the Tools menu and deselect ActiveX Filtering.

That's it!

If this works for you, please spread the word! I spent hours loading older versions of Flash, configuring Pop-Up Blocker, and generally tearing my hair out.

How would that possibly help resolving the o/p's problem with Firefox...?

Also, why did you spend hours when your solution is right here in the FAQ on top of the forum http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines