• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assign/Change page image in TOC - RoboHelp 9

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have 2 sep. page images in my TOC. One = [?] and another indicating that a video link is contained on page. I changed the URL image link but can't find out how to assign the image to the page. Is this the way to go? If so, how do I assign the image to the page. --Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2011 Oct 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 42 page icons built into the HTML Help compiler, which is what RoboHelp runs.  You can assign these individually using a tool called FAR from www.helpware.net. A video icon is included; it shows a small camera.

WebHelp is a proprietary format, and I'm not sure what icons you can assign. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2011 Oct 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As Jack said, if your output is WebHelp, you don't have many options when it comes to choosing different icons.

If your output is CHM, as he said, you have 42 different icons to choose from.

So why am I posting if I'm just regurgitating what Jack said? Well, it's because if you are creating CHM output there is no need for an additional utility to assign any of the 42 icons. You can do it quite easily without leaving RoboHelp. The first step is to ensure your primary layout is Microsoft HTML Help. Once you are certain it is, right-click the TOC elements and choose Properties. From there, choose the Advanced tab.

You should see a drop down that shows a long list of numbers. Click it and choose the icon you wish.

tmp1.PNG

*TIP: If you click the drop-down to see the list, then click to collapse it, you may use the up and down arrow keys to easily move between the choices and observe the images change. Then you just stop when you see the image you want.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Johnny Carson would say: "I did not know that." Still, at $49, I think FAR is a major bargain.  And for $0, you could use the HTML Help Workshop interface:

To apply an icon to a contents entry

1. Open a project (.hhp) file, and then click the Contents tab.
  2. Click a contents entry, and then click the Edit Selection button.

Edits the associated name, file, URL, keyword or style information for the selection.

3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Image index box, select the image you want to apply to the contents entry.

Notes

• You can create new images for any type of contents entry.

(nabbed from HTML Help Workshop Help) Note that you can use your own icons as well.

I'm just sayin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

First off, before I even write this I'm fully aware there is a strong possibility it will come off as me being argumentative. Please know up front that this is not my intent.

Jack DeLand wrote:

As Johnny Carson would say: "I did not know that." Still, at $49, I think FAR is a major bargain.

I can't agree with you more regarding FAR. No help author should really consider that his or her toolbox is complete without a copy safely tucked away on their hard drive.

Jack DeLand wrote:

...And for $0, you could use the HTML Help Workshop interface:

To apply an icon to a contents entry

1. Open a project (.hhp) file, and then click the Contents tab.
  2. Click a contents entry, and then click the Edit Selection button.

Edits the associated name, file, URL, keyword or style information for the selection.

3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Image index box, select the image you want to apply to the contents entry.

Notes

• You can create new images for any type of contents entry.

(nabbed from HTML Help Workshop Help) Note that you can use your own icons as well.

I'm just sayin. 

This part is the real reason for my reply. I'm mystified as to why one would elect to use RoboHelp for all other authoring aspects, but resort to HTML Help Workshop (HHW)  to manage assigning icons when you are able to easily to it from inside RoboHelp. Sure, HHW is free, but we are still assuming folks are using RoboHelp as we are in the RoboHelp forums, no? Why would I elect to use a separate tool when the tool I have does exactly what I need? So that bit is a real puzzler to me.

I noticed you also wanted to point out that the help for HHW states you may use your own icons. And to that I would caution that while it certainly is possible and I've done it, actual implementation is far more painful than many care to use. As a result, the whole notion of using your own icons is most likely abandoned after seeing how difficult it can be to get implemented.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp