• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error establishing socket to host and port: XXXXXXXX:1433. Reason: Connection timed out: connect

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently move to a new 2003 WIN server running IIS 6.0. Last night the Coldfusion server crashed and when I was checking the c:\Coldfusion\runtime\logs I came across the following error.

10/11 18:32:01 Error [jrpp-9620] - Error Executing Database Query.Timed out trying to establish connection The specific sequence of files included or processed is: D:\website_directory\index.cfm, line: 838

SQLException while attempting to connect: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: database name:1433. Reason: Connection timed out: connect.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: xxxxxxxx:1433. Reason: Connection timed out: connect

java.lang.RuntimeException: Request timed out waiting for an available thread to run. You may want to consider increasing the number of active threads in the thread pool.

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$Throttle.enter(ThreadPool.java:116)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:425)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)

at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

A non-SQL error occurred while requesting a connection from sitename.

Timed out trying to establish connection

Would increading the Maximum number of simultaneous Template requests from 10 to 20 resolve the issue? This is the first time I have seen this..

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error says that CF and DB connection was broken and requests keeps coming inside CF. Now these requests are loading the CF server but not getting completed. This will run into CF hang. To fix it you have to figure out why CF-DB connection broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firewall between the two boxes? It's failing on a connect so it's not a stale connection, it's failing on a new one. That'll be either down to the listener at the other end or a firewall. Any issues with SQL Browser or anything if you're running more than one instance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

similar kind of issue i have faced and sevaral ways tried but it could not helped me, finally issue got solved by restarting SQL instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation