• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red recording window/browser position - issue

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm using Captivate 5. I set my recording resolution to 800 x 600 and deselected the 'snap to' window option for the browser window I want to record. I manually resize the browser so it only captures the screen (leaves out the address window, toolbars, etc.). I record a few screens and then stop the recording. I leave the browser window exactly where it is and sized the same. When I start recording to add more to my presentation, it doesn't snap the browser window (since that's deselected) but instead, the red recording window automatically snaps to the top corner of the browser. This leaves me having to drag the red recording window back to just the portion of the browser I want recorded - again, leaving out the address window, toolbars, etc. The problem with this is that each time I record a few slides, then add more, having to reposition that red recording window will never be exactly the same each time I record. Thus, there are inconsistencies in the recording where the screen shifts slightly due to having to move the recording window constantly. Is there a fix for this? It's not a 'snap to' option, it's just the red recording box automatically resets itself to the top corner of your browser instead of where it left off.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Hello again

I'd say your best bet would be to initiate a new recording in a new project so you have the option available. Whe recording is complete, copy the recorded slides and paste them into the original project.

You should also consider submitting a wish form to alert the development team to the need for this feature to be available in further recording actions in the same project. (Link to the wish form is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you are choosing the recording options before you record, try enabling Application Region. That should snap the recording rectangle into the area you are referring to.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The problem is that I already started using an existing template so when I select 'record' it doesn't show the 'application' or 'region' options. Is there a workaround or do I have to record a new project and start from scratch?

Note: I started a new recording and selected the record application region - I was able to have the window snap to the correct area within the browser, however, after ending the recording then recording again to add more slides, it once again pulled the red recording box to the top corner of the browser and not to the region originally specified. Essentially the 'region' option only works for the initial recording but not when you record in more slides later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'd say your best bet would be to initiate a new recording in a new project so you have the option available. Whe recording is complete, copy the recorded slides and paste them into the original project.

You should also consider submitting a wish form to alert the development team to the need for this feature to be available in further recording actions in the same project. (Link to the wish form is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help and workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources