Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 & Office 2010 import Word file error/failure

Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running RH8.02.208 on XP.  We just upgraded to Office 2010.  When we try to use file/import Word Document we are getting this error messageWord error message.gif

Word is installed correctly, and this kills the process. 

Does anyone have an idea why we have hit this solid brick wall?  And how to get around it?  Thank you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Jeff, we're going to test the process Thursday with RH9...but it seems strange that this would not be fixed with a patch from Adobe...kind of a basic feature.  ??  Thanks for answering!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you have to be running RH9 to use Office 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, we're going to test the process Thursday with RH9...but it seems strange that this would not be fixed with a patch from Adobe...kind of a basic feature.  ??  Thanks for answering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri

Sorry, but Jeff is correct. Only RoboHelp 9 works with Office 2010. No patch I'm afraid.

I guess if enough folks screamed at Adobe about it one might emerge, but I'd personally not be holding my breath.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I do want to cry...!!!  ok, Jeff - sorry to doubt you, but guess this is an 'upgrade issue'.  Thanks for sounding in Rick!  Have a great evening to both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Rick for confirming my shaky memory of reading about this (I don't use Word with RH at all - I'm a FM to RH user - via TCS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are now testing RH9 with XP and Windows 7 and for some crazy reason when I import a Office 2010 Word file with numbered and bulleted lists the numbers and bullets are NOT importing correctly.  If I chose HTML list in the Edit conversion Settings for Word Documents "Convert word list to" the numbers and bullets are characters and spaces...they are not numbers and bullets.

Kind of like what we used to have back in RH7 or 6.  Surely there is a way to set this up so it imports and holds the formatting....???

Importing an Word 2003 file seems to work - my numbers and bullets convert to RH numbers and bullets..  Are there further tricks needed for Office10?  The Help file says to do the same thing we did for RH8...there don't appear to be other options.

Any suggestions?  (backing out Office 2010 is not an option!    )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter Grainge has got some info on lists on his site - grainge.org - that might help you out with the changes that have occurred in RH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp