• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Png files and manifest.xml when using ADE with public library downloads

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for some advice here.  When I use Adobe digital editions to download a book from my public library, it also downloads the .png file as well as a manifest.xml file in addition to the ePUB version of the book itself.  Any way to avoid that? It just clutters thinks up and then I have to go into My Computer and hunt them down to delete them.

Thanks in advance.

pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not downloading it's creating them so that it can display the Library (manifest.xml is the library, the .png is thumbnail that gets displayed), so no there's no way to avoid that - short of just not using ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yipes!

I deleted that as it showed it as an usupported file. Did I cause a problem in returning or reading the borrowed books?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thnk I solved it but wouls like confirmation. I downloaded another ADE book and the manifest .xml file came with it.

NOw, will  the books I had borrowed when I deleted the first file be affected in any way when I return them to the public library?

Thanks,

nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines