Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Policy Protected PDF on iPhone/iPad

Level 1

Anyone know if its possible to view a document protected by Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management Server on a iphone or ipad?

Many thanks!

6 Replies

Former Community Member

No, the native PDF Viewer in the iPhone / iPad will not be able to view Rights Managed PDFs.

Level 1

No third party apps do this either?

Level 1

I understand why this is, but it's a pretty big weakness in LiveCycle Rights Management. Executives and other employees are adopting mobile devices like the iPad at a blistering pace, and they're demanding access to the files and reports we're already providing them on their desktop and laptops.  The inability to view rights protected documents is going to put a lot of pressure on IT groups to look at other solutions.

Any thoughts from Adobe on how this might be addressed in the future? We've been pretty happy with LC RM so far, but I'm not looking forward to having to explain to our execs why they can't view their documents on their mobile devices...

-Rob

Level 5

Rob, agreed.

Guys, does someone has something to say on this subject?

Any news?

Diego

Level 1

Adobe has just released this week an Android and a iPhone/iPad version of Adobe Reader (10.1.0) which at last supports Policy Server DRM, available on Android Market and Apple Store.

Can you test whether this effectively works on encrypted files and give a report?

Juse

Level 5

Hi Juse,

Thank you for posting here. Yes, we'll do it.

Diego