Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about ADE downloads and Firefox extention for epub books

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am new to using my nook color and new to the forum .I hope I can explain my problem so everyone can understand it.

Downloads to ADE from the public library go well- they zip right in and I can load to the nook with no problems. I read the info on downloading epubs from other sites and  those downloads go to either the download or document files. I see them on the ADE screen but they disappear. I then have to transfer them to ADE by using the 'add item' feature which then pops  up the document/download lists. I double click to get them to ADE( if I'm lucky and do it right-lol)

NOw, I can also sideload those books directly to my nook and by pass ADE with my Firefox extention for epubs. I may be hopelessly confused, but, why use ADE with these kinds of downloads. It is an extra step. IS it necessary? Am I doing something wrong to begin with?

ANy advice is greatfully recieved!

Thanks,

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much!

I now understand the purpose of ADE. My downloads are from free sites but I will use ADE as my mnagement site from now on.

I really appreciate the full explanation and the time you took to answer my question.

Cheers,

nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines