• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot install flash player 11

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help.  I see lots of requests for this.  I have been trying to install flash player for 5 days now since it first requested it by not allowing me to view anything on my computer that uses flash.

This first started on Oct 13 or 14 2011.  Woke up in the morning, went to my webpage and was told I need to isntall flash player 11 in order to see my video clip.  Installed. Said finished and still does not allow me to  use any of my flash videos.

Allows required me to install flash.  I have removed all previous installations.  Reinstalled, followed all trouble shooting problems that I can and am still without flash.  When I go to install flash, it asks me to also intall google chrome.  I do not want to use google chrome but I have installed it, removed it, reinstalled it and still cannot use flash.  Does flash require now that I use google chrome in order to run flash?  If so please tell me so that I can use it properly.  I do not know how anyone out there has been able to use this at all.

If anyone has successfully installed this with Vista and 32 bit IE 9 please advise how you did it.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, am facing the same issue. I went to view a video on Facebook and it said that I needed to upgrade to Flash Player 11. Flash player 11 downloaded, but won't install. It says I have to turn off "discgui", and I don't know how to do that. It also won't uninstall Flash player 11 for the same reason. Do you knw what this discgui or discgui.exe is? My operating system is windows xp and I have the HP media center edition. 32 bit, IE 8.This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check

If you still have problems, please list the files you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the problem this morning, I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 11, in add/remove programs in safe mode. Then with the suggestions from Adobe help to change some settings in IE 8 a little bit and turning off Norton Antivirus, I was then able to successfully install Adobe Flash Player 11. Now, it's working fine. Thank you for the suggestion anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines