• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash is installed, but users still get prompted to install

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to packaging using MS System Center 2007, and my first task was to update Adobe Flash Player on all PC's.  We have a mix of WIndows 7 64 bit and WIndows XP 32 bit PC's.  I wrote a script for the 64 bit PC's and the 32 bit PC's. 

I am showing a success rate of over 96% for the 32 bit PC's.  However, people that show a successful push, are still having issues with Adobe Flash Player.  I connect to the PC and what I have seen is both the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX and Plugin version 11 in Add/Remove Programs.  However, when I go any site that needs Flash, I get prompted to install.  One of three things fix the problem.

1.  Go to the About Adobe Flash Player site and the missing pieces install themseleves. 

2.  Run the Uninstaller utility (which is already built into the script) directly on the PC

3.  Run the script directly on the PC.

Sometimes one of these will work.  Other times, I have to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs, then rerun the Uninstaller Utility, and then rerun the script.  Even then, i sometimes have issues with a previous install being stuck. 

Eventually, I can manually get the install to work and when I go to the About Adobe Flash site, everything is good.  I don't understand why it shows that it is a successful install on System Center,and the PC shows the Flash Player ActiveX and Plugin installed in Add/Remove programs, but still needs to be installed at the Flash site. 

ANy help appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WMB-mdillon wrote:

when I go any site that needs Flash, I get prompted to install.

Does that happen with all browsers on the affected systems?

For Internet Explorer, especially IE9, check

For other browsers check about:plugins if Shockwave Flash is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Internet Explorer versions 7 and 8 running here.  Not too many people on 9.  The Firefox users are few so I am not sure if Flash is broke on those installs.  I'm mainly concerned with Flash on the Internet Explorer installs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even for IE7 & IE8 you should check if Shockwave Flash Object is enabled.

You should also check what files there are in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (32-bit & 64-bit systems)
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash (64-bit systems)

You will also find the FlashInstall.log files in these folders, which can give you some indication what went wrong during the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm also having problems installing Flash 11. I have XP SP3 and ie8. It keeps saying it's installed and when I try Youtube, for example, it says I need to load Flash. How do I tell if Shockwave Flash Object is enabled, and if not, how do I enable it? Nothing shows up in Tools-Manage add-ons.Any help on how to install this would be much appreciated.

The files in Macromed Flash are Flash 11c.ocx

FlashInstall.log

FlashInstall.log.virtual

FlashUtil11c_Activex.dll

FlashUtil11c_Activex.exe

genuinst.exe

install.log

KB923789.inf

There is another folder there "Flash Player Trust" with one file- AdobeXMPFileInfoC55.cfg

I also have Mozilla and the same problem exists.

Any ideas

thanks

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page can not be found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the link got somehow corrupted; here is the correct one http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My users have IE8, not 9 and this is not the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines