• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot install Flash Player

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have WinXP on a netbook (Samsung NC10). Until recently, Flash Player worked fine. But since a few weeks ago I could not update (to 11.xxxx). I would download the installer, close my browser (Firefox) and click on the installer. But nothing would happen, then the installer would disappear and I was left with version 10.xxx. Then I uninstalled Flash Player, still did not succeed. Then I tried downloading using IE and then installing--that did not work.  Then I uninstalled FF and installed the latest version.  I keep downloading the latest ver of Flash Player, I dbl clk on it, I briefly see an hourglass, then the program disappears and I am still without Flash Player. What to do?!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please try downloading using the direct links in this FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3952360

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading using the link that you gave.  I always get the down load but ut shows up only in the control Panel, but can never get it to work with in the programs, they always ask for me to download it.  I amusing the Internet, 32 bit, but can't get it to work with the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\macromed\flash ?

Does it not work in both IE & FF?

Is Shockwave Flash (object) enabled in both browsers?

[Moving this topic to the Install section of the forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded installers for IE and for "other browsers" from the Adobe website. Even though the computer was "clean"I had deleted all flash filesI could NOT install flash for Firefox. However, the flash installed for IE worked and I now have flash in the IE (not sure, though, if this is the newest 11.*** version or the previous version,which I had for both browsers befores all the craziness started. I cannot install flash for FF either by trying from within FF or by using the installer I downloaded from Adobe. And this is the case also after I deleted FF and upgraded to the latest version of FF. So I think Adobe screwed up FF in some way. By the way, I have Shockwave Flash in FF (not sure if I have it in IE. So I am pissed, as FF is my main browser and I want to use that, it is more secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bedeviled wrote:

I cannot install flash for FF

What means "cannot"?

Bedeviled wrote:

I have Shockwave Flash in FF

Shockwave Flash is Flash Player, so what are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave--just look on their website: these are two different products. I have shockwave in my FF, but still cannot see flash videos, which I CAN see on my IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot help you if you don't answer my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am not at home, using Computrt at Hotel in Houston, TX.  Willbe back home 17 

Oct.

Thanks for your help so far, will contact you when I return home.

Bob

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have system 32 in window C file.  I am using Internet 9, not using FF.  Not sure of how to ascertain if Shockwave Flash is enabled.  Shockwave is listed in Control Panel, Adobe Flash Player is also listed in Control Panel. However when trying to view pictures/Videos,  need to to download Adobe Flash player.  I have deleted the Adobe Flash Player out of Control and reinstalled, same results.   

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried deleting all of adobe files then reinstalling from scratch i know it sounds tedious but it worked for me when i had same problem otherwise are you using firefox or ie? alternate and try to download using IE another guy had same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried exactly what you suggest. I downloaded the specific installers

for FF and IE, respectively, from the Adobe website. I succeeded in

installing flash in IE--I can now see video there (for example, interviews

on Yahoo Finance).

However, nothing works with FF. I even uninstalled my FF and downloaded the

latest version and installed that. No go! Maybe this is a Firefox-specific

problem with Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different installers for Internet Explorer (ActiveX) and Firefox (plugin).

You can download them from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Turns out, I already had downloaded both. My situation now is: flash is back in my IE, but can't get it to install in FF-which I replaced with the latest version.Here's what I just did now (and have been doing over and over with same result): I went to the Adobe website using FF and downloaded the installer it gave me for Flash 11.0.1.152. It gave me install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe.

When I click on the installer (my Norton AV autoprotect is on), the hourglass appears for a while, then disappears, no dialogue. Now let's try installing after I turn off the Autoprotect. Now it does not install, but I get the pop up message "Only a single instance of the application can run." Well, this is what I was getting after I had totally eliminated flash from the computer. So what the hell is going on? BTW I closed FF before I tried to install flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bedeviled wrote:

It gave me install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe

You will not get this if you use the download link that I posted for you earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost your earlier message. Would you please send that link again.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bedeviled wrote:

I lost your earlier message. Would you please send that link again.

The link is in this forum post http://forums.adobe.com/message/3964187#3964187

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to Internet Active X, and click to install, it indicated that it did installed but not listed on Programs Computer list.  Still indicating that I need to down load when I try to upload pictures from E mail.  This is what has been happening when ever I think that it has been downloaded, no action even though it says that it was down loaded. On Control Panel it is listed as being downloaded.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobashby wrote:

Still indicating that I need to down load ...

We cannot help you if you don't give any specifics.

Best start your own topic and include all information (operatings system & version & edition, web browser & version & edition, any messages you are getting, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a reply to Bedeviled, but another variation on the same question that is VERY frustrating.  I am not extremely techno savvy, but I usually can manage downloads and upgrades, etc. without trouble.  First of all, I have a Mac PowerBook G4 running Mac OSX 10.4.11 with a PowerPC CPU.  I have been able to determine from the Adobe downloads page that i need Adobe Flash 10.1, which I used to have until I tried to upgrade to the latest version when I was trying to access some content weeks ago, and something went wrong. 

The only option the Adobe Flash download site presents to me when I tell it I am running Mac OSX 10.4 is to download a Flash version for Intel processor.  So I downloaded that version and attempted to install, and of course the install never runs.  I can't remember the error message now because I have uninstalled all versions of Adobe Flash from my computer.  I tried downloading other flash/media software earlier this evening.  Elmedia i think it is.  But it tells me I should downloan the Adobe Flash plugin, and I cannot.  How and where can i find a version of Adobe Flash 10.1 to install on my computer?  I had no idea this would be so difficult, if not impossible.  I know somebody out there must have an answer!  Please help.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nette60 wrote:

How and where can i find a version of Adobe Flash 10.1 to install on my computer?

See this FAQ entry http://forums.adobe.com/thread/895134

If you have more questions, please start a new topic as your problem is entirely different from this Windows topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines