• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Video issues

Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I have two issues with a Side with Slide video.

What i am trying to do is to annotate a 18 minutes video. I inserted the video in the first slide and after that i have two issues:

- When i add objects, there is no way to control the Front-Back order of the objects. If i preview the slide i only see the video and no objects. If i preview the slide in a browser i do see the objects.

- When i stop playing the slide, the video coninues. I would expect the video to stop when i stop the slide.

What am i doing wrong?

Captivate 5.5 on OSX 10.6.8

Thanks,

Ton.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

How did you change the order of the objects? Dragging them on the timeline is the easiest way, objects on top cover the ones beneath them.

When you say 'preview slide', that is not a 'real' preview because no SWF is generated. What happens if you choose one of the other Preview options?

How did you stop the slide: by the pausing button on the playbar?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you change the order of the objects? Dragging them on the timeline is the easiest way, objects on top cover the ones beneath them.

When you say 'preview slide', that is not a 'real' preview because no SWF is generated. What happens if you choose one of the other Preview options?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri wrote:

I used the timeline as well as the Bring to Front menu.

Lilybiri wrote:

When i Preview in Browser the SWF is generated and then i can see the objects. This works, but doesn't make developing easier.

Lilybiri wrote:

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is all functioning for me, maybe because I'm on Windows. Slide video is visible with other objects on top of them, I can rearrange using timeline and when I use the Pause button on the playbar the video is pausing as well. Bit difficult to help if I cannot see the issue,

Lilybiri

BTW Are you Dutch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri wrote:

Sorry, but this is all functioning for me, maybe because I'm on Windows. Slide video is visible with other objects on top of them, I can rearrange using timeline and when I use the Pause button on the playbar the video is pausing as well. Bit difficult to help if I cannot see the issue,

You can check the behavior in this video. I think these are two bugs in the Mac version and that i need to file a bug report.

BTW Are you Dutch?

Jawel! Nederlander die in Spanje woont.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dag Ton, ik ben Vlaming en woon nog steeds in Vlaanderen. Uiterst zeldzaam om Nederlands te gebruiken in dit forum (ooit Afrikaans antwoord gekegen).

Not sure that filing a bug will help you quickly, this is also the first time I read about this kind of issue, and I'm on the user forums daily.

In your video I couldn't see the top, nor the bottom of the screen, on my laptop screen (you choose a high resolution). So I'm not sure how you previewed the slide, from your mouse movement I detect that you did use the play button on the timeline? That is previewing the slide, which doesn't create a SWF but only is meant for synchronizing. You have to use one of the other preview options. In those other preview situations you'll have the real playbar (unless you deselected it in the Skin Editor) and I was talking about the Pause button on that playbar.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybin!

This is what i do now. I just preview in Browser and that works fine.

Thanks for the tips!

Ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources