• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 - Object Style Manager

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to import more than one style at a time - the Shift and Control keys don't seem to work and I end up having to import one at a time.

I am creating templates and importing the styles to the templates - very time consuming.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Janet

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Janet,

If you use File, Export, Styles all styles from a project are exported, and can be imported all at once in another project. Which work flow do you use?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: Even when I do a File, Import, Styles I can only import one style name at a time.  It does not allow me to use the Control or Shift key to select multiples.  This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But all styles are in that one file... Perhaps I misunderstand your question?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri:

I don't think I am describing my problem clearly.  In Captivate 5, when I do a File, Import, Styles, it is looking for a .cps file not a .cptx or .cptl file.  I had previously exported .cps style files to a specific folder.  When I create a new .cptl template, I want to import all or some of those .cps styles files into my new template but it will not let me select or import multiples - only one .cps file at a time.  I have included a screenshot.

import.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did understand your problem, but tried to explain that one such file can have all the styles in it if you use File, Export and thought that it would be more convenient than creating one style file for each document.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri:

Ever had one of those days?! Thanks so much for clearing the fog for me. I wasn't realizing that when you did a File, Export, Styles, it would create one .cps file with all the styles saved that I could then import into another file or template. I don't even want to tell you how long I have been doing things the long way and I'm an educator - just became one of those difficult students...ha ha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I'm a bad educator, since it took so long before you understood my explanation

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources