Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 - Activated or not?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently installed RoboHelp 9 on a machine that is not connected to the Internet. I am confused as to whether it is activated or not. When I open a project, I am given a dialog with the option to register 9 (which I always skip). I know there is a difference between activation and registration. The Deactivate option is grayed out on the Help menu.

Basically I need to know whether I will be able to continue using RoboHelp 9 after 30 days. Again, my machine is not connected to the Internet, and connecting is not an option. Otherwise, I have no need for this product.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Assuming you have a valid license, you will likely need to contact Adobe support and I believe they have a capability to take your information and provide you a code for manual activation.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a valid license. But this is where my confusion lies. I'm not being prompted to activate, just register. And it says explicitly on Adobe's website that you have no choice but to activate online. So again, I don't know if it's activated or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Support - they can get you activated without being connected. They run into this with installs of FrameMaker all the time that are inside government Defense Ministries and defense industry contractors that are cut off from the outside world for security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Luxxie

Be aware that Deactivate is often greyed out for a while after opening RoboHelp. Leave it a few minutes and it should then show as Activated.

There is information on Adobe's site about activation, search on that term. There are far fewer exceptions to having to activate with RoboHelp 9 and it is essentially limited to a few very high security scenarios.

RoboHelp 9 automatically activates if it can so my guess is your copy is activated.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp