• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hyperlink to an RH topic

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're considering publishing our RH9 based technical documents on an external SharePoint site.

If I update content in just one topic, how do I send my customer a hyperlink to just that topic?

Or is that not possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

One more thing.

Years ago I developed and implemented a rather unique way of keeping my user community informed of new and updated content. Perhaps you will find it useful as well.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and welcome to our community

You first need to determine the path to only that topic. Then you determine whether you just want them to only see the topic in the window or if you want to present the entire WebHelp frameset with the topic inside.

Check these links for more.

Link number one

Link number two

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing.

Years ago I developed and implemented a rather unique way of keeping my user community informed of new and updated content. Perhaps you will find it useful as well.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more update which might be some help - AIR help format is a very and conveniant way of propogating changing to the existing installed help, in AIR you have an option updating your help (new version) and it is avilable to everyone as an update.

Hope this might help

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashish

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but AIRHelp has nothing in it that alerts users to new content other than a notification that new content is being downloaded, right?

For Rick's benefit, note that what Ashish is talking about here is locally installed AIR Help. This means your end user would need the following:

1. They would have to have the AIR runtime installed before they can even install AIR help.
  2. Assuming the AIR runtime is installed, they would need to install the AIR package containing the help. That would then be extracted into many different files on each end user's PC.
  3. In order to avoid seeing a message about an unsigned certificate, you would need to purchase a signed certificate to use when you created the AIR package you would distribute to the end users.

AIR is an interesting format, but it isn't without its own set of hurdles.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

There is a lot more than people know about AIR Help as it is new

accepting that the user would require to do with respect to AIR, primarily AIR runtime has to installed and then help too (AIR run time is free ) , but I would elaborate about the benifits

firstly - it being a installed app it can be updated like any other software - whenever you publish new version of AIR then who ever has installed the Help he will get an update dialog (which shows which version of update is avilable) on which if you click OK it will update the AIR help content on that machine (so easy to use right?)

Secondly - As it uses its own runtime to show up, so it is cross platform and browser independent (hence you would never fall into trap of one feature not working on some machine/browser and working on the other)

Thirdly - without using any server you can get comments on the helps topics directly by the end user (which will help you make more user friendly and useful help system)

fourthy - RoboHelp can be used to create a simple certificate and that can be used to generate the AIR help (so you need not to pay untill you require a third party certificate)

now the problem of installation, user gets the option to specify the location where AIR help files will get created so it can be always installed in a pre defined location which can easily cleaned up anytime, you also have the option of uninstall the help

Hope this might help

Regards

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashish

Apologies, but your responses are confusing me and apologies for upsetting you. That wasn't my intent. I'm unclear why you decided to enter the thread and suggest the OP switch to using AIR Help as it doesn't contain anything that will exactly address what the OP asked about.

Then when I pointed out the very real considerations before someone would consider switching, you seem upset about it and want to strongly point out what you see are advantages.

Is this Adobe's official stance now? All forum replies should suggest the OP switch to using locally installed AIR Help whether it addresses their issue or not? Perhaps you would rather we don't answer forum questions and allow only the RoboHelp engineers to answer questions in the forums?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp