• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word Import - Separating Topics

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to RH and I am using version 9.  I can build a project manually by manually creating the topics and then build TOC pages by pasting in each section from a Word document.  I prefer this for each TOC section is a separate entity.

If I was to import the word document.  The function works great and creates the TOC pages.  However, each TOC section points to the proper section but also contains the entire word document.

Is there a way to import the word document and have it parse each section into a separate piece?  So each TOC page is unique?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Marvelous!  This worked very well. 

Best Regards! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note to others - This thread originally appeared in the Captivate forums. It was quickly noticed by a moderator and moved to the RoboHelp forums where it belonged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and welcome to our community

I think you may be a bit confused. While in a Word document the TOC is part of the document, things are vastly different in the world of HTML. In the world of HTML you have a totally separate file that stores the TOC. What you have are simply pointers to different HTML pages in the project.

When importing, you have an option to break topics apart. The function is called "Pagination". During the process of Importing you must work your way through some dialogs to get at this option.

File > Import > Word document

Choose the document and click Open

Click Next, then Edit on the Word conversion settings

Expand the tree on the left side, choose the desired break point and enable Pagination

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marvelous!  This worked very well. 

Best Regards! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp