• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11 returns "Plug-in Failure"

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Flash Player 11 on a 266 Intel Core Duo Mac running OSX 10.6.8 and the plug in is not working on any of my browsers:

Safari 5.1.1

Firefox 7.0.1

Google Chrome 14.0.835.202

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash 11. Also tried downgrading to 10.3. None of these efforts have solved the problem.

There are no error messages other than "plugin-failure" in Safari and "The Adobe Flash plug-in has failed" in Firefox.

Flash was working fine before the install of Flash 11.

Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Flash Player uninstaller listed below for 10.6?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90906.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Uninstalled using the 10.6 file and reinstalled Flash Player 11. Visited http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/  to test the player, and no change.

Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling and installing a previous version (10.3 preferably) and seeing if that one works? You can get previous versions of the player here...

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, tried uninstalling/installing several times. Tried again with the uninstaller/installer you provided in this thread. No change. Flash Player still not working.

Aside from upgrading to Safari 5.1.1 a few days ago, I have not added anything to the system. Besides this problem started upon upgrading to Flash 11, before the Safari upgrade, and affects my other browsers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop wasting your time here, you will not get help here, there are few set answers, you will get here. Also if you call Adobe, make sure to call from home phone with free call, cause nobody will answer, I tried twice for 45 mins each on hold than I hang up.

Adobe totally Failure. if it is working do not upgrade. delete, get rid of those upgrade pop ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to the following page in each of your browsers, which version is listed (if any)? Specifically try Safari and Chrome.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Also, do you have any sort of virus software installed? If so, try disabling it. Not permanently, just to see if this is what could be causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No anti-virus software installed.

Went to the page, and I see the following:

Find Flash Player version installed on your browser

If Flash Player is installed on your computer, the following box displays the version of Flash Player installed along with the operating system:"

Then just a big blank space. No error message. Nothing.

Seems to me that the page requires Flash Player to be working to determine which version I'm running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the EXACT same issue on my computer since I ran some updates last week. I keep getting "Plug-in Failure" when trying to run Flash on any browser. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and each time I get the same results. Not sure if it's related but I also noticed that many of my fonts had become corrupted following the last set of updates I ran as well. Please let me know if you were able to come up with any solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I couldn't get an answer which helped with Flash Player 11. Ultimately had to uninstall it and reinstall 10.3.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is because any nested 3D layers are not longer working on the latest Flash plug-in. The 3D layers have to be on root level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines