• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error has occurred in the script" when returning "Home" from external URL

Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I've started incorporating video tutorials by our Subject Matter Experts into my Online Help, produced in RoboHelp HTML.

The first day I tried it, of course it worked, no problem.

The second day I tried it, it started doing this:

Script Error message when pressing OLH Home button after Tutorial is playing.JPG

Pressing either Yes or No on the dialog must be done several times before the dialog goes away, and returns one to the home page in my HTML help. This page is within our website and works fine in any other browser under conventional circumstances. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lew

Looks like you are presenting a video from inside a CHM, no?

The question here is to ask how exactly you are doing that.

Is the video hosted on your company's web or intranet site? Inside the CHM, is there an HTML page pointing to the video? The issue you are seeing is likely stemming from something either packed inside the video or is part of the page you linked to.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick:

I'm composing my .CHM in the usual (the very, very usual, time-honored) fashion. Since the dialog for linking anything in a project to anything else has always been so kind as to include the option of linking to the outside world, I decided to take advantage of that this time.

This video simply lives on our company website, which is open to the outside world: http://www.chyron.com/support/downloads/tutorialsandmediaclips/lyricpro8tutorials.aspx.

Here is the dialog where I'm making the settings:

Hyperlink properties - Display in Frame - Page Default (None).JPG

The link I'm including my project is certainly present on in/on a Help Topic page, if that's what you mean by an HTML page.

I've also tried "Display in Frame: Same Frame".

Maddeningly, none of this changes the symptom of me (and later, the customers) getting this annoying, pompous dialog about scripts.

Thanks for the food for thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lew

I'm guessing you rather dislike the option of using "New Window" for this?

Does the same thing happen when you choose that option?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I will pleased and/or proud—maybe even absolutely smug and self-righteous to try this on my next compilation. My only goal is to make the external-world video appear to the viewers of my HTML help. Am making some other edits right now.

Will make your suggested adjustment in the next few minutes and give it a try.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, of course it works, because it's just launching Explorer separately, directed to that URL. And things are in a hurry here, because I'm "IT".

In a good way: To heck with it. This is how it's gonna be!

(Unless someone decides they want me to delay the product release and the work I have scheduled to follow it, by dedicating man-hours to having our videos from the outside world open perfectly inside our Help frame.)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And only marking this "Helpful" answer, in case someone DOES decide it has to happen inside my "Page Default" or "Main Frame".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lew

One thought here. What if you inserted an inline frame? Are you using RoboHelp 9? If so, click Insert > HTML > IFrame. Configure the Inline Frame with the URL of the topic.

If you don't have RoboHelp 9, type XXX where you want the frame to be. Then select the XXX and flip over to HTML view. Change the <p> and </P> so they instead read <iframe> and </iframe>. Then return to WYSIWYG view. From there, size the frame as desired and you may then double-click it to see a dialog to change other attributes.

Might be worth trying if you really want the thing to appear as a topic in the Topic pane.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow. The things one can learn. Thanks. I absolutely will try this tomorrow, when I resume my plucky adventures!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp