• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to ATCS 3.5

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently use ATCS 2.5, and need to do analysis to determine if we'd benefit from an upgrade to 3.5.

Docs created in FrameMaker 9 >help generated in RoboHelp 8

We are about to add the following devices that require help:

iPad Help

Android Mobile Client Help

iPhone Mobile Client Help

Potential Android tablet Help

Would we stand to benefit from upgrading to 3.5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately I don't believe RoboHelp yet offers a help format targeted for those devices.

The latest versions of RoboHelp offer an ePub format, but that's an eBook format. Not a help system.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, fradog

I'm just curious here. Sometimes the term "help system" can mean several things. Would this be some kind of context sensitive help system to support an iPad/Android application, or would it be more a free-standing "knowledge base" of information?

If it's just a knowledge base, it occurs to me that even a conventional WebHelp or maybe ePub output might work. The WebHelp could be viewed in a web browser and the ePub format can be viewed from an ePub Reader of which there are many freebies out there.

I have an ePub reader for my Samsung Galaxy S 2. I use an Android app called Aldiko and I've seen one for iPad and iPhone as well. You can access the TOC and it's quite comfortable to read. I can download the ePub file to my SD card or directly to the phone and read it offline easily.

This may not be what you had in mind, but I thought I'd just throw it out there.

As for the future, I see that Adobe Captivate already has an HTML5 mobile version in Adobe Labs which you can test for free. I can't know for sure, but logic tells me Adobe RoboHelp will accommodate HTML5 at some point.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp