Exit

Templates missing since update > 5.0.3

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey community

I have following problem.

Since I updated my Premiere Pro CS5 to version 5.0.3 this morning I am not able to open the projects I have been working on yesterday.

It seems the update deleted codecs and templates I used in this projects sequences as I am told they are missing when I try to open the projects.

And when I want to create a new project I suddenly have a only a few templates to choose from.

As if this was a demo.

This version is activated and had all templates and codecs installed yesterday.

Does anybody have an idea how to get them back oder to undo the update.

Best greetings from Germany

humandesigner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and the "Hey I'm a Premiere Pro Update and all your retail installation are belong to us" reversion to trial mode rears its ugly head yet again...

This has been a recurring nightmare with Premiere Pro updates, unfortunately. For a number of users, installing an update somehow causes the software to revert to trial mode, which prevents you from using a number of formats and codecs that you previously had access to (like MPEG). Sadly, the only remedy is to deactivate your software, uninstall it, run the Adobe CS5 Clean Tool a couple of times (rebooting each time), and then reinstall. Immediately after reinstallation, launch something like Bridge and perform the updates from there.

Wish there was an easier way, but this has been a random issue since sometime in the CS4 cycle. Post back if you get into any trouble during the process; as long as you proceed as listed above, you should be back up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wew, that's sad news.

But thank you for the quick response.

I will try to find an easier way but at least I know what to do if this does not work.

Thank you, Colin.

Greetings

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to find an easier way but at least I know what to do if this does not work.

Do let us know if you discover one--so far, anyone else that has been struck by this issue (with previous updates) has had to go through this deactive/uninstall/clean/reinstall/update routine. It's not pretty, I'll grant you, but it seems to be the only way to get back up and running.

Sorry for the bad news... good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me this update............ This sucks.. Time I don't have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, this doesn't appear to be universal with this update... mine went smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, this doesn't appear to be universal with this update... mine went smoothly.

I didn't say it was, and it hasn't affected everyone with previous updates, either. As far as I can tell, no one has ever uncovered the series of factors that contribute to this. Personally, every single CS4 update forced me to do this dance, on both of my systems; I haven't had a problem with any of the Premiere Pro CS5 updates, but I can't install the current Photoshop or Illustrator updates (both fail on both systems). There seems to be little rhyme or reason for it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange... I didn't stop to see what the updates were, but mine just cleanly updated PS and AI along with the PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Revert to Trial Bug strikes without warning, and only for some. Why? Not even sure if Todd knows. It's been happening since about the first update for CS4. I have no way to collect figures on the ratio of successful updates vs the Revert updates, but I'd say that it's pretty small. Still, when it hits, it is no "small" matter. Hope that CS5.5 will never suffer from this, and that it will become a footnote in history.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunetly I use CS5 Version - so when you hoped that it will stop it didn't, it is still a threat. It took me about half an hour to uninstall Premiere Pro and Install it again. Everything is fine for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all of the update versions, from CS4, I cannot recall any user encountering this Bug a second time. Might have happened, and they just knew the drill, so never posted about it?

My fingers are X'ed for you, and let's hope that it never surfaces for you again. PrPro CS5.5 will be out in May, and I hope that we never see this Bug after that, though CS4 & CS5 users will still be vulnerable.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might have something to do with rights during the update process.

Premiere had another problem to playback media inside accounts that had no admin rights (the usual kind in a company environment).

This could be solved by opening Premiere once in an account with admin rights and it worked in the other one again.

I asked the hotline and I am waiting for an answer now.

I let you know about the results.

All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep us posted. The advice given to you so far is the same advice that I'd give. We've got some folks looking into this issue, and any additional information that you give on this thread would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>something to do with rights

Rights has been a problem starting with Vista and continuing on to Win7

Not really Adobe's fault/problem (I think) but more with the way Microsoft has made things "more secure" that is causing problems

Over in the Encore side of things, I found out that even though I am the ONLY user of my computer, so I installed and run everying as a single Administrator account, I had a problem the first time I tried to create a dual layer DVD (actually, an ISO to burn later with Imgburn)

After reading in that forum, I found out that the solution (work around) was to right click the Encore icon and select Run as Administrator... this would allow my dual layer ISO to be created

The extra right click step is NOT required to create a single layer ISO

Most odd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list that has this problem after updating to 5.0.3 (Mac 10.6.4) . I don't have the time to jump through all these hoops so I used Time Machine to revert Premiere Pro to 5.0.2. Seems to be working fine now, but I am not sure what to do about the update. I don't have the time to waste reinstalling everything, I just want it to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>  I don't have the time to waste reinstalling everything, I just want it to work!

Unfortunately, there's a problem such that---in a small number of cases---uninstalling and reinstalling is the only way to make the full program work after an update. It doesn't take that long. I had to do it on one of my computers, and it took less than half an hour. Better to spend this half and hour and get a lot of bug fixes than to avoid the update. You run the risk of losing a lot more time down the road if you're bitten by one of the bugs because you don't take the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m back to normal....

What I did:

I deinstalled Production Premium completly -> Reboot -> run Adobe Cleaner Tool (found nothing to deinstall) -> new Installation from DVD -> run Adobe update -> everthing ok

Here the amount of work:

Deinstall: 5-10 minutes

Reboot: some seconds

Adobe Cleaner: some seconds

new Install: less than 1 hour

update: 1 hour

TOTAL: 1-2 hours

Used Enviroment:

Mac Book Pro i7

Production Premium upsell Package

I previous installed the Adobe Trial version and entered my shipped serial number to transfer the trial software to a "real" software. I guess that this caused the Problems with Premiere Pro which went back to a trial version after the update.

Now, I used the shipped DVD as basis and hope that problems which I had  will never pop up again.

Many thanks to all of you which helped me here.

BR Ralf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Ralf. I'm glad that the fix was relatively painless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2013 Feb 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with my CS6, however I also have a lot of plug-ins and preset from various websites on it. If I uninstall the program and go through the reinstall process will I loose all of my plug-ins and presets??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m also ver happy about that.

But the deactivation did not work proper (doesn´t matter to me). The Tool shows "deactivation successful". After the App restart: App still activated. The second option (deactivation with remove of serial number) works. Maybe it is only recorded to the Adobe Server....many activations and deactivations from my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now at a lot of hours trying to get this working. The upgrade to 5.0.3 made ppcs5 stop working. Could not open projects from the day before. When I created a new project, HDV was gone from capture format, avchd presets were gone, and mts files could no longer be edited. Did a full uninstall (several times), used the clean utility (many times), rebooted (way too often). Full reinstall. Now I have HDV capture format, but avchd presets still gone. MTS files though can be edited. So I have the MPEG features, except for the presets. What can I do to get this working??

I even tried restoring with Tim Machine, but I get the same thing: HDV capture, but no presets. Is there some other file that defines these presets? I can then restore that file and be back up and running.

This is runniong on 2009 MacBook Pro. OSX 10.6.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first problem that I've had with CS5. Deactivated, uninstalled, rebooted, used CS5 Clean tool and rebooted a few times. Then tried to install and got this:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 68 error(s), 68 warning(s)

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {33A3F995-8333-4676-8D6F-AB7674BB52EA}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {694213D7-1E0E-4C8F-B822-E2E3680C0FCE}

Then a bunch of  installations failed because of  dependent failures etc.

No A/V or anything else out of the ordinary running on Win 7 x64 Ultimate. Whatever 5.03 does, it creates havoc. It is no longer possible to install CS5. I remember seeing some older threads about this problem, but now I can't find them.

EDIT: NM, I found the "good old code 1402 thread", which explains how to change the registry key permissions for the Visual C libraries. Two hours later and everything is back in business. Dare I update to 5.03 again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo.

After installing the update on my other MacPro (with an Admin account) without any trouble, I decided to follow Colins path.

Thanks again, Colin.

This was successful but took me 3 hours of my workingtime.

I hope Adobe will work on this issue for the future. As working on an account with restrictions is the usual and safer way in a company.

And if it is technically problematic, just inform the users to install as admin to avoid problems.

All the best

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just uninstalled and installed premiere pro from entire master collection CS5 and everything came back ok ;]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! I suggest that one do the listed steps, and that then upon the reinstall, they do all updates, before ever even launching the program. Usually, the Revert to Trial Bug never strikes twice, but I suppose that it is possible.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines