• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File size bloat in RH8

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an RH8 project which went from 86.8mg zip to 176mg zip without any substantial additions. why would this happen? One thing I did was to delete some index entries. When I opened the project, the index was completely gone so I recreated it with Index Wizard.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I'd suggest is that you have applied all three RH8 patches. It could be that your project's CPD file has become large. You could also ensure that the option to delete and recreate it is checked. See here for further details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, Colum.

I'm on 8.02.208.

I solved my problem by deleting a lot of the Unused Files. This got the file, when zipped, down to 54mb.

However, now I have a lot of broken links and the message says "You cannot create a file from a missing bookmark..."

Today I went in a checked the tickbox: "clear .cpd file before opening any projects."

When do you recommend getting rid of unused files and is there a script to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp