• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player is not working on new computer.

Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased an ASUS G74 and I have been having issues installing the Flash Player on it. I downloaded the direct installer when I couldn't get the installer to work from the Adobe flash page on the internet. I downloaded it and installed it, and it shows up in the program folder but when I try to watch videos that require a flash player I keep getting a "you need to download adobe flash to watch". I am running win7 with Kaspersky anti virus software. I would appreciate any info I can get to solve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

if you are running Internet Explorer 9, please see this post( it may pertain to your situation):

https://blogs.adobe.com/cnflash/2011/09/23/adobe-flash-player-cannot-work-on-ie-9-after-installation-or-updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are running Internet Explorer 9, please see this post( it may pertain to your situation):

https://blogs.adobe.com/cnflash/2011/09/23/adobe-flash-player-cannot-work-on-ie-9-after-installation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I am not showing the shockwave player in my programs listing, let me download the shockwave player and see if that fixes this issue. If it doesn't I will try the other fixes in the link you provided, and will submit a bug report if none of them cures the issue. I apprecieate the link and I am running IE9 on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I installed the Shockwave player and it cured my problem. Thank you for the help, I really apprecite it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines