• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help installing Flash player - flashplayer 10 disappeared?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can anyone help??? I had downloaded Flashplayer 10 prob month or two ago. We went to watch a prog on I.player and told flashplayer not installed!!! Dont know where it went as we never uninstalled it????

For days I have been trying to install Flash player 11. But its not working. I have been through the online trouble shooting guide so many times. I am using Windows XP (32bit), I believe. Im not very computer literate

Most of the time, I get to the stage where Adobe black screen says to close 'Internet Explorer' and 'Retry'. This I do and then I am getting "General Installation Error".

On one occasion I did receive the Error: The Flash Player ActiveX control could not be registered. I went through the guide again and think that has been sorted. but I do not understand anything about 'Windows System Registry Entries'...  Sorry guys - a real computer dum dum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first step should be to run the following uninstaller...

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe

After that, try downloading and installing the player again at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Using the uninstaller should clear out any old registry keys and installed files that might be causing issues with the current install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the reply Josh. I will certainly give that a go tomorrow when I have more time. (And keep everything crossed)

Will keep you posted. I hope I posted my question in the right place - Im not used to using forums much.

lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully Josh's suggestion will help.  But unfortunately there is a chance that it will not.  In that case you may need to go through the (very technical) procedure in http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your sugg. Sadly Josh's sugg did not work.

I had a look at the link from your reply. I started doing what was requested but got half-way and brain scrambled!

I noted that I had installed 'Google Chrome' and could watch stuff on that (as mentioned to Josh) but know so little about that so decided to uninstall incase that was causing installing probs!

Very frustrating but thanks for replying with suggestion.

Think I may have to re-address your suggestion when feeling bit stronger mentally!!! Can't believe something so simple is not working, esp as had no probs downloading Flash player 10 previously. But that is no where to be found on PC!!!!

Thanks again,

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, the SubInACL procedure is really a bit technical; too technical for the average computer user.  Do you have a friend or relative who's more confident regarding computer technical stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your help but sadly that did not help. Have repeatedly used your link to uninstall any possible hints of flashplayer.

I did notice that I had 'Google Chrome' installed and I noticed that I could watch some things via that, but I do not understand it at all.

As i thought that may be interfering with the Flash player download, I uninstalled that too.

But Sadly, I am still getting the same message when I try and install Flashplayer:

It installs to 50% and then gives the message "General Installation Error". It is so frustrating as nearly every website I go to asks me to download Adobe Flashplayer!

I know another kind person has suggested a rather technical approach to solving the problem but I am really soooo computer illiterate and am so worried about wrecking the system.

Do you have any other suggestions or should I pay to get someone to look at my PC? I just cannot understand how I had Adobe Flash player 10 installed, with Internet Explorer 8 AND now that has just disappeared. Prior to your sugg, I know that i did not uninstall it so not sure how it disappeared...... Have managed to download the other Adobe downloads without probs eg Shock Wave, Air etc

With many thanks,

Lisa Willson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines