Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with exporting from PDF File to CSV

Level 2

Hello there,

I have a problem with one of my PDF Files.

In this files, there are many numbers which have to be export in a csv file

The problem now is, when I export it an in the field was the number "35.000", then suddenly it is an "3.500.000.000.000" in the exported file.

How can that be? Anyone with the same problem?

Nachricht geändert durch Controller_2011

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Look at the patterns on the field .....this is located on teh Object/Value palette. Click on teh Validation Pattern button and you will want to look at the Data pattern. Is there one set?

Paul

Level 2

No there is nothing set.

It's empty.

Former Community Member

Could the spread sheet be applying a pattern? If you export the data out of the form do you get the same issue?

Paul

Level 2

The issue with the "0000" is only in the CSV.  That problem is with the pattern and without them.

btw: When i open the file normaly, there are the normal values.

Former Community Member

Then I do not know why it is happening .....could the cell definition be applying them?

Paul

Level 2

No unfortunately not..  I have the problem everytime.. whatever I export

Former Community Member

I do not know why that is happening but the CSV creation is handled by Acrobat not the XFA form part. I have a cuple of suggestions that might help:

1. Search the Acrobat forum for a similar issue. It may have been reported there and one of the Acrobat guys may have found a solution

2. Can you apply a pattern/mask to the cell after the CSV has been imported in Excel? This does not fix the issue but may allow you to achieve what you want.

3. Open an incident with support to see if this is intended behaviour or a bug in teh CSV export code.

Paul

Level 2

Thank you very much for your help!

1. I've done this, and i found nothing. But I continue to search for the problem.

2. I must try this, but the numbers with decimal format are lost i guess

3. Thats my last way to solve the Problem

Perhaps it will work, who knows. Thank you for your help and maybe an other person had the same problem and could help me.