2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2011 12:57 PM by chriscatalano RSS

What does the <oa:widgets> tag do?

chriscatalano

Hi All,

I recently started experimenting with some of the widgets available for DW.  I notice that when inserting one onto a page that there is a section of script that gets added after all of the styling info.  There is one top level tag <oa:widgets> and then 1 tag for each of the widgets added with an id and a binding.  Can anyone tell me exactly what these lines of code are doing? Do they even need to be there?

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: What does the <oa:widgets> tag do?
          Randy Edmunds Adobe Employee

Chris,

I recently started experimenting with some of the widgets available for DW.  I notice that when inserting one onto a page that there is a section of script that gets added after all of the styling info.  There is one top level tag <oa:widgets> and then 1 tag for each of the widgets added with an id and a binding.  Can anyone tell me exactly what these lines of code are doing? Do they even need to be there?

Dreamweaver web widgets conform to the Open AJAX Alliance (openajax.org) standard for widgets. I think these tags help DW know what widgets you have on your page when it's edited. I don't think it will break anything if you remove them.

HTH,

Randy

• 2. Re: What does the <oa:widgets> tag do?
            chriscatalano Community Member

Thanks Randy.  Next time I'm editing the site I'm going to remove them. I have having uneccessary stuff in the code.