• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync on publish, have tried everything to fix!

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a loyal user of Captivate since 2005, but this issue is making me never want to look at it again.

I have a Captivate 3 file that I updated to Captivate 4. On preview, everything looks good and the audio is synced up with the video. When I publish it to a .avi, the audio loses sync around 2/3 of the way through and ends up a few seconds ahead of the slides for the rest of the video. In fact, I had to add time to the end of the video so the audio wouldn’t cut off in mid-sentence.

I have added time to the front and end of each slide (at the point where the audio goes off-track onward) so that the audio is buffered by about 0.5 seconds in either direction on each slide. Same thing happens. I tried publishing using various video formats including Indeo, XviD and Cinepak. Same thing.

I’ve had problems in the past with audio that got rearranged and scrambled, but there was always a pretty easy fix for that and I could hear the scrambling on preview. I've read forum posts about this issue, but have not found a definitive answer in the forums on how to fix this. I’ve devoted a full day to this issue and am on the verge of losing my mind. Help!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat with Captivate 5.   Anyone listening at Adobe?  No solutions?  Shall we punt on this product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You are facing the Audio/Video synch issue on the Published *.swf File? Can you please explain in details about the Issues whether it’s happening in a recorded project, Audio is added during recording or added it later...? Recourses are Externalized or not.etc...  Is it possible for you to share the file with details with us so that we can investigate the issue on our end? Please send the File to nsukumar@adobe.com.

Thanks,

nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

Is it possible to share the project with me at viswanat@adobe.com?

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CP5 on a mac and running into the same issue regarding the audio sync issue. I've got 1.0 seconds to start the slide, 1.0 seconds on the end, and whether in "Preview Project" or published, the audio is out of sync. However, if I rewind the project to the beginning the audio sync is normal! The slide is roughly 90 seconds longs and the sync issue occurs in the very beginning. Anyone at Adobe...please help!

I'm willing to share the project if needed.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2011 Sep 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I might have found a "work-around" solution to this problem (And an idea for Adobe of where to start looking to solve it 😞

I do presentations which are mainly songs with slides showing the lyrics. The way I set it up is to first set up the lyric slides and then import the audio. I do this with the audio import facility which I then sync per slide. The slides usually have a picture background, the one text control and up to 8 images.

During project mode, I get it to be perfect. I then publish it to exe and halfway through the audio goes out by up to 2 seconds (Audio plays normal, slides seem to slow down). As each slide only has it's own bit of audio, it seems as if the next slides audio starts playing while the previous slide is still showing.

Ok, after pulling my hair out and as a last resort, I deleted the images......and....Hooray!! It published perfectly in sync. Solution...I was using high definition images which was big in resolution size. I made these smaller outside of Captivate, then re-used them. Problem sorted....well at least for now. (and with extra hard work.

Regards,

Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Johan, but i don't think that actually solves the issue since many learning courses "require" images and most times the amount of images are intense. Also, syncing the swf files to the audio is practically an industry standard.

Adobe, are you there? Your customers need you including myself regarding this issue! HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Edward

Your question:

Adobe, are you there? Your customers need you including myself regarding this issue! HELP!!!!

Seems to imply you feel these forums are intended as an official support channel by Adobe. They aren't. Sure, from time to time we see Adobe staff popping in to help with this or that, but by and large the assistance is user to user. If you have an issue you really need Adobe to address, you need to use an officially sanctioned support channel.

You may also wish to consider filing a Bug Report. (link to the Bug Report is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8er,

You're absolutely right and thanks for the reminder. It's just very frustrating when I have such high expectations in Adobe products to later realize that something is not working correctly.

My guess for this issue is that its a bandwidth issue between the swf playing and the audio within the cp project. OR, it could be an LMS issue. But wanted to get a professional opinion.

edlearner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Librarianmer, did you ever get a resolution to this?  I am having this problem right now, and it's only on certain older, slower machines.  VERY frustrating, especially since I can't test it directly, as my machine isn't the problem!  If you did get a resolution, can you share it with me please?

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources