Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Preloader

Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pulling some Captivate generated swfs in to a movie clip via loadMovie. The preloaders for the Captivate files do not show up, instead, I get a blank screen until the whole file is downloaded.

I am assuming this has something to do with the way the loader class functions. Does anyone know a way to get my Captivate preloader to show up?

Thanks
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianthill

I stand to be corrected here, but I believe the preloader function only works when the .SWF is loaded via an HTML page.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2006 Sep 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Can you elaborate on the HTML page comment. Most other SWF-based applications launch preloaders from the HTML launch page. However, I have not seen any such code on Captivate HTML launch page. Please help, this is a frustrating problem for me as well.

Thanks, Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2006 Sep 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Tony

Unfortunately I'm at a total loss to explain how or why this works the way it does. I've always assummed that the difference is that something about the way the HTML object code is inserted or constructed that causes it. I've also further assumed that the reason the preloader doesn't ever show when linking directly to the .SWF is because the .SWF has to fully download to the PC before playback commences.

Then again, I could be totally wrong with my understanding of the process.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources