1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 385 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 1:44 PM by InspiredInstinct Go to original post
      • 280. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
        H Nath

Paul i read this thread & i need the same thing (The script) you people are talking about here. i need it badly to fill some immigration forms.

My email ID: hnuniversal4u@gmail.com

it wll be a great help to me & i wl really appritiate that. Thanx Bro.

• 281. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
          pguerett Level 6

The sample is attached to the previous message in this thread ....simply take it from there!

Paul

• 282. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
            SI_MSD7 Level 2

Another very simple (less advance) approach would be to make the ENTIRE form protected, readOnly, nonInteractive, etc. by using the following script:

xfa.form.form1.access = "protected";

In my situation (if this helps anyone), all I wanted to do was enable my user to click an email button to auto-attach a copy of his/her form to an outgoing email, BUT prior to sending the email, I wanted the form to be flattened (i.e. protected). After the email was sent, I wanted it return back to it's open state. So what I did was create a custom email submit button, and added very simple scripts for the preSubmit and postSubmit events. NOTE: This assumes your user is using an email client which will auto-generate an outgoing email (vs. using an Internet email service like GMAIL). If you're using an interent email service, the follwoing scripts will work.

1. Email button: This custom email button script allows me to set the subject, body message, to/cc fields, etc. and email the entire form (wth proper Rights) to a given recipient(s).

Placed on a standard button's click event:

var choice = xfa.host.messageBox("Press OK to submit this form using your default email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Mail, etc.). Note: A copy of this form will be automatically attached to your email. \n\nPress Cancel if you currently use an Internet email service such as Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo to send email. You will need save this form on your computer and then manually attach it to an outgoing email (using your Internet email service) addressed to: sample@email.com", " ", 3, 1);

// Note: the above text was taken directly from the typical email submit button text. This gives you a way to modify the text if you want.

if (choice == 1){

var mail;

var address = "email@email.com";

var ccadd = ccAdd.rawValue; //taken from a field placed on the form

var sub = "Subject goes here";

var body = "See attatched file.";

mail = "mailto: " + address + "?cc=" + ccadd + "&subject=" + sub + "&body=" + body;

event.target.submitForm({

cURL: mail,

bEmpty: true,

cSubmitAs: "PDF",

cCharset: "utf-8"

});

}

else{

ProcessManager.terminateAction();

}

2. Script added to same email button (created above) to "Protect" ALL form fields PRIOR to the form being emailed. Place on preSubmit event:

xfa.form.form1.access = "protected";

3. Script added to same email button (created above) to "reopen" ALL form fields AFTER it the form has been submitted. Place on postSubmit event:

xfa.form.form1.access = "open";

From there, the user can save/SaveAs the original file (currently opened on-screen, with active fields), knowing that he's sent a protected copy. Please note that you've sent a "form" with protect fields...it's still a form, vs a truly "flattened copy".  So if security is a major concern, you'd probably want to use a different approach: for example, a digital signature to track from integrity, or print to PDF. Also, this assumes you;re not concerned with tracking "mandatory fields" etc.

As an alternate Step 3, you could interject a SaveAs script on the postSubmit event [ app.execMenuItem("SaveAs") ] to allow your user to save a copy of the protected file somewhere on his/her computer after emailing it. Then he/she could simply cancel the current form (on-screen) - without saving it. This assumes you are not concerned with saving an "open field" version with completed data.

Hopes this helps someone!

S

• 283. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
              hanlac

Hi SI_MSD7 - Before I say anything, let me tell you that I dub my self as technologically challenged and barely understand half of IT speak so please bear with me...

What you posted is exactly what I need to do (if I understood the jargon correctly ). Allow me to explain what I need to happen just in case i misunderstood wha you posted... I have an already existing fillable form that needs to be sent via email filled out with details we require. The same form also needs to have an option to be saved and locked down (no editing or filling in allowed) under a different filename without compromising or changing the details of the pre-existing fillable form.  They should also have the option to send it via their email opened in a browser (i.e. hotmail or gmail) or via an email client (i.e. thunderbird) to different email addresses. Now, I have acrobat x pro but my employees don't. They would only have the free version reader. Is this possible with the script you posted above? If so, (and here is where you have to excuse my IT dumbness ) how do I go about adding the script you mentioned?

My knowledge about PDFs is only limited converting docs to PDF and maybe an idea of how to create a fillable form but that's about it. I'm a noob when it comes to acrobat. I would appreciate any assistance you could offer. You can email me at hannahlacsonAThotmailDOTcom.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

• 284. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                SI_MSD7 Level 2

Hi hanlac,

First off, don't worry about your level of skill re: coding. I'm no programmer, myself, and that's what forums like these are for - given the fact that you are "somewhat" familiar with the form creation process and basic scripting (i.e. knowing where to place the script, etc.).

In either case, my first question is to ask what program was the form created in - Acrobat (aka an AcroForm) or LiveCycle Designer (LCD)? If you are unsure, open the file in Acrobat and select the Forms menu item.  If the second option in the drop-down list says "Add or Edits Fields..." then the form is an AcroForm; if it says "edit in Designer..." then the form was originally created in LC Designer and you'll need to have that installed to be able to make any edits.

Quite honestly, if you don't have LCD already installed (which by the way comes packaged with Acrobat Pro) and the form was in fact designed in LCD, then I'm not sure what the item in the Form list will say.

In order to get started, you’ll need to know this piece of info as it will impact the type of scripting needed. There are variations between Acrobat javaScript and LCD javaScript.

I'll take this offline and follow-up by sending you an email at the address you specified.

• 285. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                  hanlac Level 1

Hi SI_MSD7 - Thanks for responding! I am very grateful to people like you who share your expertise in forums like this to help thousands of strangers around the world (I'm from the Philippines ).

On the forms menu it gives me the option to "Edit." The original form I have to work with already came with fillable fields and I just need to edit it and have it do what I mentioned. Quite frankly, I'm not sure where this was created.

Thanks,

H

• 286. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                    Solve IT Level 1

Hi this is balaji from solve it corp.your post are really good.I got what I expected.But I am unable to view the scripts.By the way I am using "adobe acrobat pro", there I have only java scripts and Im using the trial version.Can anyone help me to get the scripts for locking the controls and saving the pdf in the "adobe acobat pro".Or is it difficult in using the trial version

• 287. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                      Solve IT Level 1

Can anyone help me out regarding this

• 288. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                        SI_MSD7 Level 2

SolveIT, sorry - I got sidetrack on an important task....do you stil need help?

• 289. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                          SI_MSD7 Level 2

Hanlac, sorry for the late reply... If you still need help,   send me the file via Private message?

Thanks.

• 290. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                            AI_hs

Hi Paul,

I apologize if I am having you repeat yourself, but I am not the brightest when it comes to scripting.

I have looked through the forum and it seems as though I have the same problem.

I have created a form from Acrobat Pro 9 and I would like users to be able to fill out the fields, be able to edit, save it and email them back to me. Although, once it is sent, I would like the form to be locked and non-fillable.

Would you be able to help?

Thank you in advance.

• 291. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                              Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

Paul's solution is designed for forms that are developed in LiveCycle Designer.

Did you create your form in LC Designer or in Acrobat?

Niall

• 292. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                AI_hs Level 1

Hi Niall,

I created the form through Acrobat 9 Pro.

Is it possible to apply that within Acrobat?

• 293. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                  Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

As I said Paul's solution is designed for forms that are created in LC Designer. As is, you will not be able to apply it directly to a form in Acrobat. I suspect that you can achieve this in Acrobat, but you might be better posting your question on the Acrobat forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat/acrobat_scripting

Good luck,

Niall

• 294. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                    AI_hs Level 1

I will post my question there.

Thank you Niall!!

• 295. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                      blackops_programmer Level 1

Thanks paul for this sample script. It is very helpful...

I have used this script in my form as well to lock the fields. It works great. However, I am also trying to lock the fields that are placed in the masterpages too. When I looked at the myScriptObject, I can see that it locks the fields placed inside the subforms and all other fields in the form but not the ones in the masterpage. But in my form, I also have some Text Fields, Date fields and Image fields (for company logo) and this comes under Masterpage (page1). How can I modify this myScriptObject so it locks the fields inside masterpages as well?

• 296. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                        Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

I think that you might have difficulty here. If you only have a few objects, it might be better to specifically lock these master page objects one at a time.

After the function is called, script like this should work:

xfa.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.companyLogo").access = "readOnly";

Niall

• 297. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                          Sanju Shekar

Even i'm interested for the code which saves a non-filable PDF form

please to send it to sanjuushekar@gmail.com

• 298. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                            Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

It is available in this thread. You can download it in Paul's post here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3168183#3168183.

Niall

• 299. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                              Sanju Shekar Level 1

Thanks, Niall....w'll work on it!!!

• 300. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF

Thank you Niall...makes sense..I will probably add this to the click event of the Lock fields button to control the fields in the masterpages.

When I was trying to do this, I just found a strange behaviour with this script. When I click the "Lock Fields" button, the fields that are in the Masterpage 1 (like the date field, company logo field, etc..) is reseted to default and these fields become empty even when they are filled. Why is that happening? not sure whats causing it..

• 301. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF

blackops_programmer wrote:

Thank you Niall...makes sense..I will probably add this to the click event of the Lock fields button to control the fields in the masterpages.

When I was trying to do this, I just found a strange behaviour with this script. When I click the "Lock Fields" button, the fields that are in the Masterpage 1 (like the date field, company logo field, etc..) is reseted to default and these fields become empty even when they are filled. Why is that happening? not sure whats causing it..

hi Niall...never mind that. I found what was causing the fields in the masterpages to get resetted. It wasnt the original script. I tried to modify the original script so it can hide the buttons in the form as well so I replaced this sections of the original code:

//If the objects are fields and they are set to mandatory (validate.nullTest) then we will set the border.fill.color - dependant on object type
                                                                      else if(currentElement.className == "field"){
                                                                                //CHeck to see if the field is a button - do not lock buttons
                                                                                temp =  currentElement.name;
                                                                                if (temp.substring(0,6) != "Button"){ 
                                                                                          currentElement.access = "readOnly";
                                                                                }

}

to this:

//If the objects are fields and they are set to mandatory (validate.nullTest) then we will set the border.fill.color - dependant on object type
                                                                      else if(currentElement.className == "field"){
                                                                                //CHeck to see if the field is a button - do not lock buttons
                                                                                temp =  currentElement.name;
                                                                                currentElement.access = "readOnly";
                                                                                //check to see if the field is a button and hiding the buttons
                                                                                if (temp.substring(0,6) == "Button"){ 
                                                                                          currentElement.presence = "invisible";
                                                                                } 

}

and thats why the other fields in the masterpages were getting invisible as well. Still cant understand what I did wrong here..maybe some logical mistake. anyhow, I scrached that idea and I am just hidding the buttons by adding a script to the click event itself since I will be doing the same for other fields in masterpages...

So thank you for your support. It helped.

• 302. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF

Hi Niall, 

I am back again with an update..I found something strange with my scripts since they are not working the way I would have hoped for. Can you plz help me understand what I am doing wrong!

In my last post I had mentioned to you that for some reason the fields in the Masterpages are getting reset to default when I modified paul's original script so the buttons in the fields are also "hidden" when user clicks on "lock fields" button. Here is my last post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4067867#4067867

Basically, the reason for why I was trying to do the above cuz I am trying to hide the "Add Row" and the "Delete Rows" buttons for the dynamic rows in the form as well. So i thought i will try a different method this time. Further to that, I scratched that idea and instead added the scripts to the "Click" function of the button itself like this:

form1.#pageSet[0].Page1.ButtonFinalizeForm::click - (JavaScript, client)

myScriptObject.LockAllFields(form1);
                                                    //script to lock the fields in the master pages
                                                    companyLogo.access = "readOnly";
                                                    DateTimeField1.access = "readOnly";
                                                    DropDownList1.access = "readOnly";
                                                    TextField1.access = "readOnly";
                                                    ButtonResetLogo.presence = "invisible";

//script to hide the add row and delete row buttons in the form
                                                    form1.pageSubform.dynamicSubform.addRowbtn.ButtonaddRow.presence = "invisible";

//couting the number of dynamic rows in form and starting loop to hide the delete row button
                                                    var countRows = form1.pageSubform.dynamicSubform.Table1.Row1.instanceManager.count;
                                                    for(var i=0; i<countRows; i++){
                                                              form1.pageSubform.dynamicSubform.Table1.resolveNode("Row1["+i+"]").deleteRowBtn.ButtonDeleteRow.presence = "invisible";
                                                    } 

From the above scripts you can see that I am doing the following:

Step 1: first locking and hiding the fields in the Masterpage content first.

Step 2: Then, I am hiding the "Add row" button in the form

Step 3: Next I am running to loop and hiding the "Delete Row" buttons in the tables inside the form.

Strange Behaviour:

Case 1: I have noticed that when I click the lock field Button now, it hides the buttons inside the form but the fields in the masterpages are reset to default, Meaning the filled content inside these fields only in masterpages are deleted and also the script to lock these fields are resetted as well so they dont work.

Case 2: But, if i remove the code to hide the "Add Row" button (as mentioned in Step 2), the rest of the script works fine. In this case, the delete rows buttons are hidden, the rest of the fields are hidden (as per the original code) and also the fields in masterpages are locked as well.

So here, I find that the problem is when I add this script to hide the "Delete Row" button inside the form:

//script to hide the add row and delete row buttons in the form
                                                    form1.pageSubform.dynamicSubform.addRowbtn.ButtonaddRow.presence = "invisible";

I have no idea why this is happening. Can you plz help me understand how I can overcome this?

• 303. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                      Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

I'm out of the office, so can't upload an example. However the issue of master page objects reverting to default has been acknowledged as either a "bug" or a "feature" by Adobe. I can't remember which. What I do know that it is not possible to prevent this behaviour.

One option would be to set all of the objects on the master page to readOnly and to have a global binding (eg the default). Then in the first design page set up a subform with all of the master page objects replicated. Have a button "Set up this form", which would show the subform, allowing the user to fill in their data. Once they do this it will appear on the master page (global binding). The subform would also include a "Finish"/"OK" button, which would hide this subform again.

Then when the LockAllFields function is called it will lock the subform and the objects on the master page are already locked..

Make sense?

Niall

• 304. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF

HI Niall,

Niall O\'Donovan wrote:

Hi,

I'm out of the office, so can't upload an example. However the issue of master page objects reverting to default has been acknowledged as either a "bug" or a "feature" by Adobe. I can't remember which. What I do know that it is not possible to prevent this behaviour.

One option would be to set all of the objects on the master page to readOnly and to have a global binding (eg the default). Then in the first design page set up a subform with all of the master page objects replicated. Have a button "Set up this form", which would show the subform, allowing the user to fill in their data. Once they do this it will appear on the master page (global binding). The subform would also include a "Finish"/"OK" button, which would hide this subform again.

Then when the LockAllFields function is called it will lock the subform and the objects on the master page are already locked..

Make sense?

Niall

Thanks again buddy..At first when I read your post, I wasnt sure what you meant but after re-reading it a few times and also learning a bit on binding etc, it then made clear sense. :-)

I tried your method and it did work. What I did here was, I inserted 2 subforms (1 named "InitialFields" and the other "FinalReadOnlyFields") in the masterpage and both of these had the duplicate fields of the same that were binded using global like you had suggested. When tested, it worked. The read only fields still had the contents that was inserted through the fields in the "InitialFields" subform even after the lock field buttons were clicked. So this bit was good..

However, the next part wasnt the one that best suited to my needs. This is the part of adding more buttons for "Set up this form" and the "Finish/Ok" buttons. I understand now on the reason for this workaround and why you had suggested but I just didnt want to add more buttons to my users since I already have enough buttons on the form. Didnt want to scare my users with all of these buttons. lol..So instead, I thought of trying another method by hiding the "FinalReadOnlyFields" subform first during the form initilization and then show these fields later when the user clicks on the Lock field button and then hide the "InitialFields" subform fields in the end. This obviously didnt work as well since I stepped into the same problem as I had before i.e the fields get reseted again to default so that means the fields in "FinalReadOnlyFields" subform always stayed hidden. 

So in the end, the best solution for me is to move all these fields from the masterpages to the actual form itself. This seems to solve all the issues as long as I have these fields inside the forms and not in the Masterpages. However, I just had to re-design the scaling part of these form elements since I moved from masterpage to the page subforms. (I hate scalling each fields..I spend 1/2 my day doing it..lol). Also by using the global binding method, I can re-populate the 'companyLogo' fields in my other masterpages with no problem. So far so good...

Thank you again Niall...I am glad I stumbled upon the previous problem since I was able to learn new things through this..Thank you for your support. Its positive supports like these that helps out noobs in the learning process...Much obliged!

• 305. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                          Affectuality

Hi everyone,

The simplest method I have found to transform a form-enabled PDF into a standard PDF (i.e. not a form, no fields, all filled-in data/info intact) is to simply print the PDF document with the Adobe PDF printer module.  I can't speak for versions other than Acrobat 9 Pro.

You will want to check your print settings so you don't end up recompressing images, etc, but this is a very simple and fast approach that works for me, and it requires no technical skill.

• 306. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                            kingphysh Level 4

Hi,

Printing to Adobe PDF hasn't worked for me--it doesn't to want to print a password protected file. If anyone knows how to get past that, I'd like to hear how it's done.

Stephen

• 307. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                              Affectuality Level 1

Hi kingphysh,

Permissions restrictions on a PDF is a separate issue.  If someone changes the permissions of the PDF so that printing and changes are not allowed, then you are required to change the permissions on the PDF before you can do either, and you'll need the PDF's password to do so.

Also, not all third-party applications will support a PDF with permissions set, so if you may be out of luck even opening the document, depending on your PDF viewer/reader.

Although off topic, the simple answer is that your document likely has the permissions set, you need the password for the PDF file, and you have to change the PDF's permissions to allow printing.

PDF Permissions.jpg

For the original question of this thread, simply printing the PDF to the PDF printer module is a really quick and simple way of converting a PDF form into a simple PDF with the data/info intact.  Of course, there are many examples where this may not be the case, but with standard PDF's this works fine for me.

I hope that helps.

• 308. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                kingphysh Level 4

Hi

Not so fast...  I allow printing. Your suggested work flow would be:

open in Acrobat >> save as a copy to remove Extend Reader Functions  >> open the new copy again in Acrobat  >> remove security settings >> print to PDF  >>>result:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%

This PostScript file was created from an encrypted PDF file.

Redistilling encrypted PDF is not permitted.

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Instead are you suggesting the filled out form be opened in Designer (not Acrobat) in order to print to PDF??

Even if what you suggest could be done with Acrobat, why is that a good solution. I think the workflow question is, how can the person/admin send or receive a filled-in form and have it locked so it can't be altered? And the way I see it (and the way I do it) is by using scripting. I have a dwelling inspection report that the inspector fills out and then turns it over to underwriter, locked, and sends a copy to the agent, locked. I built in a secret way to unlock the form by leaving a camouflaged field unlocked. Then the admin can unlock it by entering a password into the secret unlocked field, which unlocks everything. It works well and there's nothing needed besides Reader--no saving extra copies, No Acrobat, no Designer or changing security settings, removing Extend Reader Functions or having to produce a separate PDF. Just click a button.

The flattening thing would be useful for folks that refuse to have Reader on their computer--I have one of those people that works for a customer. Apple PDF viewer is what he wants to use. My solution won't work for him--so the print to PDF thing might be useful to me, if it could produce a PDF that can be rendered in Apple PDF viewer. But, it still requires the someone in that organization to have Acrobat--even if its doable.

I can't make what you suggest work. Have you done it successfully with a security setting that allows printing but doesn't allow extracting pages? That might be the problem, for me. I keep the backend of my work secure. I never realley understood what not allowing extracting pages exactly means--so I've always chosen that as an option to be safe. I've never found an explanation for it.

Stephen

• 309. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                  Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

I would tend to agree with Stephen on this issue. Paul's excellent scripted solution will work for all forms and matches the OP requirements. Printing to PDF may not be an option for all users and would require specific instructions.

Not all users have Acrobat or third party PDF creation programs. Furthermore, not all organisations have the full LC/ADEP Enterprise Suite for PDF generation.

As with most things in LC/ADEP, there are often more than one way to achieve an end. This is just another example. It would be up to the developer to determine which is the most appropriate solution nased on their user group.

Niall 

• 310. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                    Affectuality Level 1

Hi,

I wouldn't disagree with either of you.  I should have added that this is a simple method for those who do have a copy of Acrobat Pro (or other editors or apps that install an appropriate PDF printer), and I'm guilty of reading many other requests for an easy solution by others using Acrobat Pro on other forums, which formed my frame of reference when writing the post.  I did want to post an answer on Adobe's forum though.  My post is for the non-technical.  Obviously many reading here, such as youselves and anyone using a scripted solution, are more technical than the average person.

My suggestion isn't meant to replace the excellent advice already provided, but simply to add another option to consider for those out there.  As mentioned previously though, I also can't speak for people using a different version of Acrobat than 9.0 (what I'm currently using), and it works for me within the constraints of what I'm currently doing...Acrobat Pro 9.0 and a simple form that I want flattened/converted to a simple, non-form PDF with all entered info/data still intact.  It's also better suited for those one-off uses.

Thanks for the replies!

• 311. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                      Larry.Brouwer

Paul,

I am very much in need of your script. Can you forward it to me when you have some time?

labroutrl at yahoo dot com

Thanks!

Larry

• 312. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                        Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

It is available within this thread. You can download it in Paul's post here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3168183#3168183.

Niall

• 313. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                          MNTrooper

I am interested in your script.  Will this help my issue.  I want to create a PDF (I am using Acrobat 9)  that the user can fill out and save only once?

• 314. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                            Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

Paul's solution is designed for forms created in LiveCycle Designer. It would not work as it stands in an AcroForm (form created in Acrobat).

Niall

• 315. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                              MNTrooper Level 1

Thanks for the reply

Sgt Eric Barthel

Technology Coordinator

State Patrol Training & Development

1900 W. County RD I

Shoreview, MN  55126

Office: 651- 757-1913

Cell: 651-334-5918

MSP - Home Page<http://www.dps.state.mn.us/patrol>   MSP Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saint-Paul-MN/MnDPS_MSP-Minnesota-State-Patrol/159745283143>   MSP Twitter<http://twitter.com/MnDPS_MSP

• 316. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                                Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi Eric,

You may want to edit your post online on the forums, as it contains your full details.

Niall

• 317. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                                  sscochran Level 1

I've been reading through this forum, trying to figure out what the script is to lock my form before the client sends it out. I downloaded paul's document, but when I pasted the script from the "lock forms" button, it didn't work (I did check to make sure I had the right script language and 'post submit' as the enter choice). Not sure what I am doing wrong. Like everyone else, I'd like the client to be able to fill out the form, and lock it before he e-mails it with a button on the form. This is a quote form and we don't won't customers to change the quote. I am making the form savable for him through Adobe Reader X Extended features.

Please advise! Thanks.

Stacy

• 318. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                                    Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

I can't post any screen shots, but if you look back through this thread you will find screenshots and explanations about Paul's solution. In particular showing that the main script is not in the button, but in a Script Object that is accessible from the hierarchy.

The script in the button just calls the function in the Script Object.

Hope that helps,

Niall

• 319. Re: Saving Fillable Form as non-fillable PDF
                                                                                      sscochran Level 1

I'm confused as to how I add the script object. I see it under variables in the form that Paul posted, but I don't know how to add that. Sorry, I'm fairly new at this and know almost nothing about scripting.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next