• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC without contents button in the toolbar.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am evaluating robohelp and eclipse help for our new product. Looks robo help is helpful but few issues, might be i am not aware hot to get this done.

In my requirement, we do not want to have buttons like contents,index etc in the toolbar. We want only search with go button on the right.

When I uncheck contents checkbox from toolbar while generating html, I am not getting TOC in navigation pane. My requirement is simple.

I want to have complete TOC on navigation pane but do not want to have contents button in the top. We do not want to have any controls on the top banner.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Lakshmanan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I assume you are using Robo8 with WebHelp as your primary layout. When you output your primary layout, select File | Generate | Primary layout (webhelp). Click next, and on this screen, you see the Toolbar buttons, simply uncheck all the buttons.

Untitled.png

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (I think): I want the TOC but do not want the Contents button on the toolbar. (It does not do anything useful.)

The problem is that if I uncheck the contents button on the single source layout, though I do not get the button (good) I also do not get the TOC displayed (not good!)

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

There is one way I can fathom having your TOC with no actual Button showing.

What you would do is to edit the skin and use perhaps a super tiny (as in 1px X 1px) transparent image for the TOC. Remove any text. The net result would be that the TOC would still technically "show", but would be essentially invisible.

While that should certainly accomplish the stated goal, I might think it would sort of "trap" your users and provide no way back to the TOC if they were to click the other buttons.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - works a treat.

I don't need a contents button because we always show it (don't have an index etc)

Thanks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp