• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Topic not working in RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, preview topic is no longer working in RoboHelp 8. Not sure if it has to do with the recent patch, but I need it to WORK!

Any suggestions?

Elissa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elissa

I've seen Preview go missing before. Were you working on multiple monitors?

Try this. I think it's Ameber that came up with this.

Preview

Press Alt+Spacebar

Press an arrow key

Wiggle the mouse a bit and the preview should snap into view.

At least I think those are the correct steps.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was working on multiple monitors earlier this week. But it worked yesterday when I wasn't working on multiple monitors.

I tried the procedure that you suggested, and no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops... looks like I missed a step

Preview

Alt+Spacebar

M (for move)

THEN arrow key

THEN mouse wiggle. I think Ameber calls it a waggle, but whatever. She also suggests adding "Wildly" as in Wildly waggle.

See if that helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same thing happen to me. I have a laptop docking station connected to another monitor and used my laptop screen as my 2nd monitor, the preview pane stopped working when I added a 2nd stand alone monitor to the mix.  I was able to regain the preview window by opening my laptop while docked to "reset" the window pane to the new monitors I have. 

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for having this topic and answer on the forum.

I returned to single monitor mode and followed the suggested steps (including wildy waggling).

My topic preview came back.

I returned to dual monitors and it still works.

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem, but ALT + SPACE only activated on the main RoboHelp window.  This guy's technique did the trick, however:

http://www.cmcandrew.com/robocolumn/archives/259

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

The fact that Alt+Space only opened the Main RoboHelp window suggests that after you tried to preview you clicked the main window to shift focus to it. And when that happens, it won't work.

If the Preview window doesn't have focus, the steps will naturally fail.

Generally, if this happens, an easy way is to carefully work. Close RoboHelp and restart. Preview again. Then try the steps outlined before trying to click anywhere else.

I'm about as geeky as they come with RoboHelp stuff and I believe I'm the only one that exposed the method Colum posted in his blog. But the keyboard method is much safer and is highly recommended.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Captiv8r, but that was not the case.  I know all about Alt+Space, focus, etc., I had restarted RoboHelp many times, reinstalled RH, and even looked for the setting in the registry myself before finding that blog.  The preview window simply would not take focus for some reason.  But resetting the registry values totally did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Interesting. However,

I'll also add that at first, I had issues making it work. What I discovered I was missing was after pressing Alt+Spacebar and M, I was at that point trying to move the mouse and expecting things to work. I was stymied when they failed.

What I needed to do (and missed) was pressing an arrow key to begin the move process.

However, I do note that you say your situation is apparently different.

At any rate you managed to fix it using the instructions Colum copied and posted on his blog. (I had to laugh because I recognized my own attempted humor in the instructions) I'm just happy you managed to sort it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah haaaa...  you mean he copied it from you?  Well, all the credit goes to you then.  Thanks for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp