Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from RH_HTML v 8 to v 9

Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not upgraded RoboHelp files before to a newer version...what must be considered?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Bonnie

Upgrading is as simple as opening your project in the newer version. RoboHelp does what it needs and nothing should need to be done.

However, it's always a good idea to maintain a backup for that Justin dude. Justin Case.

As a side note, since you are new here and all and got lost initially, we have some information you might want to review. Click the link below and look for links at the top of the page.

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

My sincerest thanks for the quick response. My reason for asking is two of us support RoboHelp files in v8 and have two new colleagues who we want to train to help maintain the files but v8 is no longer available from Adobe (and my company seems to not be able to garner a copy---why? let's not go there).

I am not a RoboHelp expert by any means but was told each person supporting the files has to be on the same version or it could "break" our files (not sure what that means). If I cannot locate a copy of RoboHelp v8 through our re-seller, we may be forced to upgrade to v9 to ensure we are all on the same version.

Again, thanks for your quick response and helpful info.

Bon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp