Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rh 9.1--webhelp errors

Sep 08, 2006 Sep 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm generating WebHelp from RH 9.1. I'm on Windows xp. When I attempt to open the webhelp, I get the following error in the browser screen:

Your browser does not support frames. We recommend that you update your browser to a version that supports frames.
To view the Help system without frames click on this hyperlink.

And the Internet Explorer window has "blocked active content" bar at the top. If I click to accept active content, help displays fine. Any ideas how I can prevent this error?

This does not occur when you generate Webhelp from RHX5, right?

thanks, Nina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. This is a Windows security thing (gotta love those hackers!), which does not present itself when accessing the Webhelp from a server. Since most applications will make their help available on a server, this becomes a non-issue.

If it's to be viewed on users' local machines, they'll have to agree to accept your content.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Leon! What a relief. This will not be accessed from local machines (I think...) so I'll stop worrying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ninacrum

If you want to banish the pesky little yellow information bar so you don't see it when you are testing, perform the following steps in Internet Explorer:

1. Open IE
2. In IE, click Tools > Internet Options... > Advanced tab
3. Scroll the window down until you see the Security section
4. Place a check mark in the check box labeled: Allow active content to run in files on My Computer
5. Click OK to dismiss the Internet Options dialog

Your end users would also need to do this if you intended to install WebHelp on their local PCs.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. That's helpful...but I think I have bigger problems now. Am about to post new question if my research fails...

Just got this: "Your project file is corrupt and cannot be opened. Please contact technical support."

Ouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2006 Sep 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Click here for some help with opening the corrupt project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp