• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between Presenter and Captivate?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this is published elsewhere and I've just not seen it, but are Presenter and Captivate actually competitors within Adobe?  I use Captivate a lot and just learned of Presenter.  Aside from the connection Presenter has to PowerPoint, is there any other advantage it has over Captivate?  Would I ever need both?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The line between Captivate and Presenter is PowerPoint. If you have content built in, or will be building content in PowerPoint, Presenter has better integration with PPT. If you need a presentation to do more than PPT, then Captivate is the answer.

Honestly, you can do everything in Captivate, but I prefer not to bring PPT content into Captivate, due to the loss of control over the content. Captivate has improved significantly over the years with it's ability to let you modify and update PPT content that has been imported, but you still end up with things that don't work or look right. If we really need the object to have the functionality of PPT and Captivate, I'll just build the project entirely in Captivate, as it can build slides that are comparable to PPT slides.

The only time I think you would need both, is if you have PPT content that you want to leverage the utility of Presenter, and you plan on doing software simulations (or something else in Captivate),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources