2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2011 4:03 PM by Lewiz

Premiere Appcrash with Kernelbase.dll as faulty module

Lewiz

Hi there everyone,

So I'm back again as it seems that falling autumn leaves trigger the increasing of Premiere CS5 crashes :-(

I have been working fine with Premiere CS5 on a Windows 7 system with a Matrox MX02 LE until today. All of a sudden Premiere crashed out of nothing; it seems to have something to do with either HD or with the specific footage I'm working with. I have digitized in standard Matrox HD codec in a project and I have been working with this footage for days and days with no problem.

Now, when I open the project, or the backup of the project, or one of the many autosave versions of it (over one week old) I get the same problem over and over again: Just scrubbing along the timeline makes Premiere turn the sequence window black and hang the entire program immediately. Windows shuts Premiere down and that's it.

The only strange anomaly yesterday was my PC rebooting over and over again, when I tried to start it up. I solved this by entering safe mode and use the restore point trick, with which Windows was running fine again. I disabled Windows updates till further notice, cause I think that problem was due to a crooked update from Microsoft.

But now, after having worked with Premiere flawlessly the greater part of the day, all of a sudden it keeps crashing on scrubbing through a timeline.

Any ideas? This could become a serious problem, as I am facing a couple of deadlines... :-0

Thx in advance for any help!