Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Transitions

Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to set up my presentation so that there are no slide transitions between slides.  I don't want any slides fading in or fading out.  I thought this could be done by going into the General Properties and setting Transition to No Transition.  I've done that for all of them, but I am still getting some fading in and out.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Terri

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri

Slides themselves typically don't have transitions unless you specifically choose to add them.

Odds are the objects you have on the slides have the transitions applied. Normally objects (Buttons, Captions, Etc) have a Fade in and Fade Out transition. So you will need to explore changing the transitions for the objects.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes, Rick!  Changing the transitions for objects?  Can you give me a hint?  By the way, thank you so much for all of your help!  You're tops!

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you add any object to a slide, there is an option in the properties panel for "transition."  The default is 'Fade in and out.'

You can change the default for most objects in the Object Style Manager.  Once changed for an object style, the change will propagate to all objects with that defined style.  Some objects you have to change manually when you add them to the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Andy,

Thank you so much for this.  You helped me immensely!

Warmly,

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources