• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to 11 Caused Banner Background to Vanish

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Flash banner on our website that is a static image with animated text.  It's embedded with the wmode="transparent" option and has always worked perfectly.  I upgraded to Flash Player 11 today and now, only the animated text is visible.  The background image in the .swf file is invisible.  The banner displayes correctly on older versions of Flash player.  Any idea what the problem is?  Is there a way to change the embed code to get the background to appear?  I've tried changing wmode but the base color of the Flash file seems to be whote, so all I get is a white rectangle unless wmode is set to transparent.

Again, the banner works fine with earlier versions of Flash.

Here's our web site:

http://remnant.guildportal.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Thanks for letting us know your problem. I can see your problem on my computer also. Could you attach the source file of header.swf that embedded in your browser? We are looking into this problem right now.

Thanks!

Yan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same problem with our website.  3 computers on my network cannot see through the "transparency" and the rest are fine.  If it helps at all, they are all using the save version of Win7, IE9, and Flash11, but different graphics cards.  The ones with the problem seem to have the Intel HD Graphics Adapter.

Oh, and the transparency works fine in Chrome (for my site and the 2 others that have posted).  So it would seem to be an issue with Flash11/IE9/Intel HD.  It definately stopped working right in IE AFTER the latest flash update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2011 Oct 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to attach a file here, so I'm providing the link to the SWF:

http://remnant.guildportal.com/GuildFiles/171949/header.swf

Also, note that I am having the same problem whether using IE 9 or Firefox 7.  I'm also using Nvidia 4800 graphics cards if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TonyE224!

The problem you found is caused by a RGB encoded JPEG bug in flash player 11. We fix the problem in our current developement build.

Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have some trouble with our site: http://www.hi-lite.com.tw/index.php

The left sub-menu is to vanish as you click "旅遊行程" or "旅遊百科".

They could display on Flash player 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in Flash Player 11.2.202.61

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when the next build of Flash 11 will be released to correct this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't public any information with player releases schedule here. Sorry about that.

TonyE224 wrote:

Any idea when the next build of Flash 11 will be released to correct this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed with Flash Player 11.2.202.61

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something, or isn't Flash Player 11.0.1.152 the most current?  How would one get 11.2.202.61?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe labs and download Flash Player 11.2.202.18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone from Adobe comment on when the beta version will be pushed out to the general public?  It's great that fixes the problem, but I cannot ask everyone that goes to my website to download a beta if they want to see my site correctly... I had to replace the flash content temporarily until this is resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and the transparency works fine in Chrome (for my site and the 2 others that have posted). So it would seem to be an issue with Flash11/IE9/Intel HD. It definately stopped working right in IE AFTER the latest flash update

I did not realize that you had a different problem with Flashplayer 11.  The problem you are talking about does not show up with the most recent versions of the Intel HD generic driver, so I won't know if Flash Player 11.2.202,61 fixes the problem unless I roll back my driver to the original OEM graphics driver.  I responded to two other people but you would still get an email since you are in the thread, look at the top of any response to see who it is directed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have problem with display of my swf files but with gradients exported from Illustrator or Freehand. Is it possible it was the same problem ...

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3024322

Yan.Zhou wrote:

Thanks TonyE224!

The problem you found is caused by a RGB encoded JPEG bug in flash player 11. We fix the problem in our current developement build.

Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.  I change wmode from "transparent" to "opaque" - did the trick for me.  But i realise this wont work for every case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please vote to fix this issue:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3019125

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3017111

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3018116

Notes:

1- Using Internet Explorer 9 + Flash Latest Version (11,0,1,152)= Problem with Flash (Transparent become Black)

2- Using Internet Explorer 9 + Flash Older Version (10,3,162,28)= Flash is OK

3- Using Internet Explorer 8 + Flash Latest Version (11,0,1,152)= Flash is OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines