• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics in child projects are opened in new window.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a merged html project which produces a Microsoft html (chm) file.  The "window" in the master project is a "Webhelp Pro".  The "window" in the child projects are "HTML Help" windows.  Is there a way I can change the window type in my projects so that they are consistent and when a user selects a topic in one of the child projects it will not create a new window?

thank you

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Hi Steve

The Window type you see in the Windows area depends on what the Primary Layout is set to. Well, sort of.

Really what I mean here is that if you choose to create a new window, it will be of the type that the Primary Layout is. You likely need to configure Microsoft HTML Help as your Primary Layout, then define a new window. At that point you should see properties for a CHM window.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

The Window type you see in the Windows area depends on what the Primary Layout is set to. Well, sort of.

Really what I mean here is that if you choose to create a new window, it will be of the type that the Primary Layout is. You likely need to configure Microsoft HTML Help as your Primary Layout, then define a new window. At that point you should see properties for a CHM window.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rick  Your answer was very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp