• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Robohelp 7 over Citrix

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a few threads about using a Citrix server, but haven't actually this question answered, so here it is. 

We have plans to use all of our applications over a Citrix server as remote users.  The powers that be want to install Robohelp on the Citrix server instead of on our hard drives.  We would log into the server and pull it from there to work and update, then publish from there.  My understanding was that it needed to be on the hard drive, then it could be published to whereever it needed to be published to.   Will it work if it's not actually on the machine, but on a remote server? 

We are using Robohelp 7 HTML and we have one very large project (almost 8000 topic pages) and 2 smaller ones.  The published project is accessed over network drives and we do use RoboSource Control 3 Explorer.   I don't have more details about the Citrix server that we will be using, just trying to get a feel for this to see if it's even possible to make it work this way. 

Thanks,

Tracy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that RH (especially your old version) doesn't like running on server operating systems - you'll have to confirm that with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apart from whether or not RoboHelp will work on Citrix, which I doubt, I believe it is a breach of the licence which is a per user licence. As Jeff says, you need to check with Adobe.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp