• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging for iOS--How long should it take?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to package my first application for iOS. Everything went well for Android. I have my .p12 file and my provisioning file, but after I click "finish" it just kind hangs. No movement on the progress bar. I see that it says it could take several minutes but I've given it about 20 or so and still nothing. Does it normally take this long or do I have something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried refreshing the page at iOS Provisioning Portal?

It says so on this: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, packaging for IOS could be tricky.

Yes it does take around 20 mins, where ur RAM speed could also play a role.

About the progress bar !! foget it, let it RIP !! U could as well forget its presence.

Things you might have to look into :

1. Prov profile + certificate in p12 format
  2. Valid password
  3. Change ur app ID to the one configured for ur Certificate.

FB 4.5 does not have any provision for checking these. But your app gets royally ass kicked in Itunes synch up, if any of the above goes wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the helpful tips, Dushyanh. I think you are right, it must be related to the certificate or prov. profile. Those were created on a MAC because it seemed easier, but then I had to copy them over to a Windows 7 comptuer as that is what I have Flash Builder on. I'll try to do this again, but this time I'll create the certificate in Windows using OpenSSL and see if that helps. It was taking over an hour to package even when trying on a new project with essentially nothing in it.

And thnaks for that linke Aingel00, it's a very helpful article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines